Recent content by Xerxes

1. X

What must SG have to leave a good first impression?

The question is in my title, and anyone who are in this thread should have read it. I simply could not see how people would take it in any other way. I was not hostile, just out of patience explaining the most basics. And I'm glad you were on the track this time. That post was not directed at...
  2. X

Man, I don't know how people's brains work, but that "casual gamer" was meant to be sarcastic. Are people these days jump to the conclusion after finish reading the first sentence and would rather give out snarky comments that show everyone how clever and cool they are than constructive...
  3. X

Since I'm tired of telling people what's stupid and what's not while getting bombarded by 6000 individuals with different opinions that are so eager to show their critical thinking skills that they forget to bring any facts to back them up, I decide to actually do the community a favour and ask...
  4. X

Ecosystem

Then, the player will not get a good weapon of every type without a lot of grinding. Making some monsters immune to certain types of weapons will not add depth to a game. I think as a demon's souls veteran (more than I'm), you should know that certain degree of complication and reward player's...
  5. X

Ecosystem

My concern with SG's current planned control scheme is that, it provides little to no precise control. You do not have 100% percent control over how you will swing your sword because your attack moves is limited. Unless SG comes with a special mouse with 10 buttons, I just don't see how BM...
  6. X

Ecosystem

I totally totally agree with you. There aren't enough games that have the courage to hunt the player down with monsters and ambushes after ambushes. Having some super strong monsters that encourages player to use strategy rather than button mashing and potion chugging would be great. One problem...
  7. X

If you are to design a haunted castle...

My take on games like arma 3 is always because it is really hard to learn but very rewarding. Both casual games and hardcore games have their appeals, however, they are focusing on different things. It is immature to state if that works in that game, then that will make this game better...
  8. X

No it does not. If that group of bandits got cleared by a lone hero in that cave, then why would this group be moving into that death trap? there ain't any pirate gold buried underneath. Not only this, but also if I'm a super hero, and I go and killed a bunch of mafias. What I'm doing is...
  9. X

Ecosystem

Yes I have, I only want to point out how people are going off rail by trying to make the game earth sim. I do agree with many of your points, especially that variety of animals bit. The thing that plagues all AAA rpg titles this day is their unreal quality. They want to have the dark and edgy...
  10. X

Ecosystem

It has less to do with AI and more to do with behavior simulation of the eco system as a whole. The meta game will run in a completely different world from yours. The balance itself out part is a big IF. If it is like a population model built in matlab then the devs would need to spend weeks if...
  11. X

Ecosystem

To put meta game in a nerdy knowledge for dummies way; the game developer will make all the game locations into a matrix like structure, so that simple but realistic interactions will happen all over the game without needing the processing power of NASA super computers. However, too complicated...
  12. X

Ecosystem

Most AAA titles have a budget about 200 mils behind, so they can afford to spend money on what ever they want and not care about the experience. BG does not have unlimited resources, and the only thing keep them together is their spirit or Mettle. (pun?) Surely it may give the npcs some hidden...
  13. X

Ecosystem

When we want to add something in the game, we need to ask ourselves how will this affect the player's experience, and how good will it fit with the rest of the game. Eco system sounds cool, however, it is not that exciting. Eco system would work in a god game, because it is only relevant in...
  14. X

Sorry for this late reply. My personal feel to those TES dungeons and castles is always very negative. They are small, linear, predictable, and most importantly they feels more like basements of some farms than some creepy fortresses of death.They lacks the atmosphere and epicness of real...
  15. X

AI director?

It's possible to incorporate this seamlessly into SG's Dynamic event and quest system. No matter how structured the game is, there are always some random encounters that have no place in the story. A few wolves, or some wandering skeletons are too small to be part of the plot. To put it into...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.