Search results

1. Meaghan Ballard

Easter Eggs

I'm all for easter eggs, subtle or not :P Though I agree that anything that isn't subtle should need to be unlocked by finishing at least your first play through. That would add to replayability as well.
  2. Meaghan Ballard

Literature

That's fine as long as there aren't a ton of them and they turn into generic fetch quests :P I would be pretty nifty though if we players could write stories to be published as books in the game. Maybe if/when it goes multiplayer there can be a big library of Sui Generis fanfiction ;)
  3. Meaghan Ballard

Literature

Whether it is based on a certain time period or not, with the information about the world we have been given it would still be illogical for the lower classes to all be literate. Some might be, because their parents were and taught them but just as many wouldn't see the point and wouldn't learn...
  4. Meaghan Ballard

Literature

I like the idea of written history and communication, but I don't think it should be a general thing for the entire populace. Most peasants and lower class had little to no ability to read or write for the time period that this game emulates. Therefore, I feel like it should be reserved for...
  5. Meaghan Ballard

Steam Controller

It would be really nice if the controller worked with Sui Generis, but at the same time the control scheme has been made to be very simple for the keyboard, so if it weren't supported I don't think it would be a huge deal. I think that might be something to work in later, rather than spending...
  6. Meaghan Ballard

Milestones

It would be cool to see some synergism between skill trees too, like if you have been improving your shield/block skill you get a bonus to the one handed weapons you use it with, or if there are perks geared toward certain fighting styles, like sword and shield or dual wielding.
  7. Meaghan Ballard

Milestones

For the skills, I would definitely prefer that you learn new skills over an arbitrary bonus, like the +20% to speed example you gave. Those types of bonuses should increase gradually, as you increase the skill, rather than getting one sudden large bonus when you reach a certain milestone. I...
  8. Meaghan Ballard

Inventory handling

Not just ridiculously rich, but he carries it with him everywhere.
  9. Meaghan Ballard

Inventory handling

This is something I have been wondering for a while, and I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere. Will the in game currency have weight? In most games it is weightless, and while this makes sense in that each individual coin would have and little to no affect on the total weight you are carrying...
  10. Meaghan Ballard

Owning and Living in Homes

One thing I want to know, is what limits will there be on the home? Do I have to purchase an already built house in town, or can I claim a piece of land on the top of a mountain and build my own there? Admittedly building your own house would probably make the whole thing needlessly...
  11. Meaghan Ballard

Ecosystem

I wonder if in this case it would be possible to over hunt animals, and cause them to become endangered or extinct? And if so, will the price for the meat and hides from that animal become more expensive to buy in markets, like in a proper economy? There are so many factors in doing this though :/
  12. Meaghan Ballard

If you are to design a haunted castle...

That would be awesome, just acquire a giant horde of treasure like a dragon :P
  13. Meaghan Ballard

If you are to design a haunted castle...

I agree with what you want Xerxes, but I also want to see how the AI of the game will handle it if you decide to go back to a dungeon/castle later in the game. Do the enemies like zombies and skeletons just respawn? Do wild animals take over the castle? Do a band of brigands take over the...
  14. Meaghan Ballard

Development Update #2

I am really glad to see that the dialogue will be as interactive as the rest of the world, and not the cut-and-dried options that you see in so many other games.
  15. Meaghan Ballard

Customization

Considering how open the world is, I hope there is a similar level for character customization. It's hard to consider a character 'mine' when every one of that class looks exactly the same.
  16. Meaghan Ballard

A Public Video

Even if it were just a really short video, a little something would be nice. It's hard to maintain enthusiasm when there is so little from the devs.
  17. Meaghan Ballard

Left hand wielding

If they do have left handed wielding, I may have to make a left-handed swordsmen and try to dress him up like Link. Why? Because I can.
  18. Meaghan Ballard

Customization

I think it would be a fun to be able to tattoo your character as well, as another way to make them more identifiable to NPC's. As long as covering them up is possible so as to avoid recognition when you don't want it.
  19. Meaghan Ballard

A plea for a good or no tutorial.

Whether the tutorial is good or not there should still be the option to bypass it. In real life you can choose not to read the instruction manual.
  20. Meaghan Ballard

Living breathing world

I'm definitely excited for a living world in Sui Generis. So many RPG's have a quest line that just waits for you to get to it, even if it is supposed to be something urgent. "Oh, you need this done right away? Ok, let me just sack some dungeons on the way there and take waaaay longer than I...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.