About Controls and various other game mechanics

New here, though I've been following the game since the Kickstarter began. I'm still a bit hesitant to pledge but we'll see soon.

So, I just watched the new video about the combat controls and just have a few things to point out and suggest.

First of all, the video was really great at what it was trying to do. The combat sounds much more involved than it seemed before. One thing I am worried about is the whole double tapping keys thing. I think it's fine for thrusts and stuff to double click the mouse button (though it would be nice to have a separate binding option available), but I don't see the double pressing a movement key to dash working. You're going to be using wasd a lot during combat and what ends up happening in other games I've played where this is a thing, is that you accidentally press a key twice in the time frame designated to trigger that command. So an option to turn that off and bind the function to another key would be greatly appreciated.

Another thing, not really related to the video (though it is to the recent 12 minute one), is about picking things up with the mouse. If there isn't one implemented already, there should be a limited range to being able to do this, like 0.5 to 1 meter or so, so you can't just go around grabbing things from across a room.

Kind of related, is it going to be possible to throw weapons and cause damage? It would definitely be detrimental most of the time I think but it would still be pretty cool. Having things like throwing daggers too, that were specifically made to be thrown. And are bows going to be implemented? Any other weapons that wouldn't be obvious from the videos?

Also, the animations are all procedural right? I noticed that they seem to be a bit difficult to get looking right, especially the running animation. What exactly about the procedural animations makes them so difficult to get working right?

I think that's it. Overall, this game looks amazing and I can't wait to see how the things like quests and stuff work. Keep up the good work.

Komuflage

Insider
N
One thing I am worried about is the whole double tapping keys thing. I think it's fine for thrusts and stuff to double click the mouse button (though it would be nice to have a separate binding option available), but I don't see the double pressing a movement key to dash working. You're going to be using wasd a lot during combat and what ends up happening in other games I've played where this is a thing, is that you accidentally press a key twice in the time frame designated to trigger that command. So an option to turn that off and bind the function to another key would be greatly appreciated.
This please. I hate having to double tap for the reason mentioned above, but also, it takes longer to double tap, than it would take to hold V (Button I normally use for these kind of movements) and press WASD.

Tony

Insider
This please. I hate having to double tap for the reason mentioned above, but also, it takes longer to double tap, than it would take to hold V (Button I normally use for these kind of movements) and press WASD.
This type of option would be easy to implement in a key binding option under game settings. They could give you the option to either double tap or switch instead to pressing a modifier key + W, A, S or D to activate the action.

This type of option would be easy to implement in a key binding option under game settings. They could give you the option to either double tap or switch instead to pressing a modifier key + W, A, S or D to activate the action.
Comprehensive key binding options are essential for PC games with any degree of complexity. As fans of PC games, I'm sure BME will include this.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.