Alpha Combat Trailer feedback

mercy

Congratulations!

Now that's what I was talking about! Very nice improvement! Next I would try to achieve:

Impact hits:
- Bigger weapon hits could make the recipient stagger back a few steps, then recover.
- Slash hits with larger weapons could make the recipient spin (with nice blood splatter like this) and maybe fall [to one knee], then recover - like in action camera sequences in medieval combat movies.

So basically I would try to create instant satisfaction glory moments: to let skilled players enjoy a good hit that visually impacts / shakes the opponent - as they let out a special cry of pain - and they stagger back bleeding so we can see that is a mortal wound and the enemy is apparently loosing! They can still score a critical hit on us and kill us, but this would be an excellent instant-satisfaction mini-game and a chance to discharge anger [in a proper manner] spent up during a stressful workday .

Optional:
Feedback on execution hits. These can be seen in better medieval movies, where the winner hits the enemy so hard the enemy's body:
- spins then falls hard to the ground, creating a pile of gory mess.
- makes a [half]backflip then falls dead

Important would be to stress to animators/programmer that the falling--hitting the ground sequences should look hard, merciless and visibly painful. Slamming the enemy's body against stone, where the player mouths "OUCH!".

Madoc

Project Lead
It appears someone publicly shared a link to Kieran's gameplay examples video. For the time being we've made the video private.

Tony

Insider
Since I am not a moderator I cannot see if any external sites have linked to any of my posted videos. If so please send me a PM and I'll change them to private. I do not want to accidentally violate the NDA.

Rob

Since I am not a moderator I cannot see if any external sites have linked to any of my posted videos. If so please send me a PM and I'll change them to private. I do not want to accidentally violate the NDA.
As a moderator, I can't see if any external sites have linked any videos either.

If it makes you feel better, if any external sites linked to your videos then the person responsible for sharing the link to the video would be guilty of violating the NDA, not you.

This highlights that the existing system is highly insecure. Perhaps BM should really think about how videos can be made shared between insiders within the forum, without risk of such videos becoming public.

Crayfish

Insider
I think most of us clearly post that videos are under NDA in the title. That should be enough to warn people not to share them outside of the insider forum.

Tony

Insider
As a moderator, I can't see if any external sites have linked any videos either.

If it makes you feel better, if any external sites linked to your videos then the person responsible for sharing the link to the video would be guilty of violating the NDA, not you.

This highlights that the existing system is highly insecure. Perhaps BM should really think about how videos can be made shared between insiders within the forum, without risk of such videos becoming public.
Ah, on a previous forum that I moderated it was possible to see if external sites linked to the forum. I'm not sure how they would enable secure video sharing without hosting the files on their own server (which would eat up a lot of space and bandwidth).

Currently all videos that I have posted of the alpha are "unlisted" and not shared publicly. I should do as Crayfish suggested and add "NDA" to the title and "do not share link to video" in the description as well.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.