Any news?

Hi folks,

As a first-time poster, I'll first say I've been watching this project for a while now (though I unfortunately didn't get in as a backer), and I really like what I see. That said, the total lack of regular updates is pretty disappointing. Smaller dev teams - some with only one or two full-time devs total - working on other indie RPG titles (e.g. Antharion, Balrum, Kenshi, and Underrail, to name a few) manage to find time for regular - at least monthly - public updates. These don't need to be incredibly extensive - just a couple screens; a couple paragraphs about something in the works; anything to let people know the devs are still alive. Especially for a Kickstarter, it's extremely unusual for a game to go three months without an update, as is the case with Sui Generis.

Anyway, please don't take this as a rant (or as only a rant, I guess ;) ) - I and I'm sure many others are just interested in regular news on whatever awesome stuff we're sure you've been up to. So here's looking forward to the latest, and to more regular info in the future - thanks for reading!

ShaunRemo

Insider
I believe those who have supported them through kickstarter or other means get access to an inside forum with extra juicy information. This means the supportive fans get what they're after and there's an extra incentive to support them.

No news is good news! they're working hard, I will be supporting them soon myself and can't wait.

You did get me excited when there was a new forum in Announcements however and probably should've gone in Discussion instead.

Reactions: Tom
Yes, I realized I posted in the wrong forum too late - I've asked the admins to delete this thread. And I do understand what you're saying, but it's still very unusual for there to be no news for the public whatsoever... eh well, guess I'll check back in another 3 months. :)

SavaGhost

Insider
Hey there,

I don't agree with you about the insider forum. We have been in the same situation as all the other guys for a long time.

I have paid 63$ for the game and i haven't received ANY info at all. The insider videos are a joke considering the price paid because i am not allowed to see them.

I know what madoc said about the lack of updates in a similar thread but we all know from hundreds of other examples that it really isn't hard to say at least ONE word every week. The excuse that there are no news is because its too much time consuming is unacceptable because we do not need daily updates with long lists and extensive details.We simply want ONE sentence every 2 weeks or so. They should at least make the videos available to all insiders considering the price we all paid.

Please don't take this comment the wrong way though. Sui Generis is my dream game and madoc and the crew has done an amazing job. They just seriously suck at customer service.

Thanks!

Hmm, if even the "insiders" aren't getting much more (and/or regular) information than the rest of us, that's, um, not good. And I do need to respectfully disagree that "no news is (always) good news" - Chaos Chronicles is a recent example to the contrary. Still, I seriously doubt Sui Generis is going to end up as vaporware; it would just be nice if they could work on communicating with their fans.

Eh well, I'm not the first to bring this issue up, and I'm sure I won't be the last if the lack of information continues - so I might as well just check back at the end of the year. Cheers - and despite my ranting, I do wish the devs the best of luck on what looks to be a really interesting title!

Parco

patience is gold as ive heard :p we do get a word now and then, but then its mostly an answer/comment to someones post, not necessarily related to their latest work but to how they want the game to be, my self as most of us here would be happy about some updates now and then but it doesnt bother me that much that its silent over longer period of time, i got enough to keep me occupied/entertained after i get home from work, im a gamer after all :p

SavaGhost

Insider
Hi there Parco!

Well said. I agree. It is obvious The team is working very hard and the lack of news doesn't effect my thoughts on the game or the team in any way. Like you said; It would just make us all much more happier.

Thanks!

Komuflage

Insider
I don't agree with you about the insider forum. We have been in the same situation as all the other guys for a long time.

I have paid 63$ for the game and i haven't received ANY info at all. The insider videos are a joke considering the price paid because i am not allowed to see them.
I don't agree on this however, there sure is a lack of updates, however there are tons of official information in the insider forum, If u look for it.

I doubt u haven't received ANY info at all.
There are two really big updates in the announcement forum.
Tons of official answer and explanations from the devs in the insider forum (as well as in the regular/public forums) and there's also the 'About' part were u can find a lot of info that didn't go into any of the dev updates.
Then u've the Dev vids that show a great load of stuff, and if u don't have access to them then Faws is doing a recap of them in the insider forum http://www.baremettle.com/sg/forums/index.php?threads/dev-videos-recaps-for-insiders-without-access.889/

I also recommend looking through the first posts in this thread: http://www.baremettle.com/sg/forums/index.php?threads/grand-list-of-dev-quotes-on-features.195/ It haven't been updated in a while, but still a valid thread to read.

Also, please don't take this post offensive, it's difficult to formulate a "argument" in a friendly way.

SavaGhost

Insider

Hey there Kom!

I don't take any offense at all! In fact, you've helped a lot! I hadn't seen the latest videos recap yet.

I agree that my wording was exaggerated. I received some information from the insider forum. I apologize.

However, i still think that (and i think you can agree) there have been really very few serious, big and official news or updates. In fact, if we ignore the unofficial comments madoc occasionally makes, there have only been 3 insider exclusive videos in over a year! And that's only if you paid over 100$!

I love this game with all my heart and i would give thousands of dollars to support Sui Generis if i had any money. But unfortunately, i don't even have enough to properly pay my rent sometimes. And even then, i paid 63$ just to get the games alpha so i can play it early. I don't remember but im sure i missed a few meals that month after paying that much for a game.

So, like i said, in no way does this no videos or updates stuff change my perspective on the game or make me feel cheated. I just simply think i deserve at least the videos after paying such a high price(for my condition).

Thanks!

jacob374

No news is good news! they're working hard, I will be supporting them soon myself and can't wait. t is obvious The team is working very hard and the lack of news doesn't effect my thoughts on the game or the team in any way.

In general with games under development, no news isn't necessarily good news. But I've just checked in and found the Bare Mettle folks have recently been providing regular public updates on the Kickstarter page every few weeks, which are really informative and also prove things are continuing to move along. So hopefully the whole "no news" kick is a thing of the past. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to the promised video - good luck folks!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.