Armor and swing speed

Hello there I am wanting to know if having more and very heavy armour effects things like weapon swing speed and movement speed because in the expert arena I steal all the amazing looking plate armour but I cant really see much difference in movement and if it does not yet I assume it is planned to?

Last edited:
I'm no expert but we have a few of those around here ;)
Elric, an awesome local here, has spent countless hours researching and participating in combat.
Based on his feedback on this very issue, many people believe armor is much heavier than it actually was in reality. An average weight was 20 - 40 kg and most combatants would be very experienced fighting in their armor. I hope this helps a little.

Ah, so in reality armour isn't actually that heavy?
I actually have some experience with fire arms and know a lot about them but I know next to nothing about medieval weaponry and armour, I think im gonna look into this stuff more, I want to know more about hitting people with big metal sticks XD

A quick google tells me that plated jousting armor in the late 15th century could be around 100 lbs or 50 kg. This armor was not designed for fighting, only jousting as there was very little range of motion. Plated armor used for combat was maybe 60 lbs or ~30 kg and that's like the heavy stuff. Really though, I'm no expert but I've taken note of Elric's posts (he's very informed and nice to talk to) and wanted to hopefully relay some of his information accurately :)

burgzaza

Insider
Yeah, I could not find back the video that Elric linked, with the two dudes fighting in real heavy armors , making barrel-rolls, climbing and running...
I too was kinda suprised that in fact, heavy armors don't bother too mutch people, even nowadays, so I let you imagine back in medieval days, on trained warriors :D

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.