Battle Plan: Aggressive/Defensive/Other?

MrApophos

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a good while and I've put in a fair amount of hours in Exanima so far. Really enjoying the direction this game is going in and I have exceptionally high hopes for the future of Exanima and Sui Generis.

So I got thinking about my Hirelings, and particulary about how attatched to some I have become (more so than any other game, and I've played ALL THE GAMES - the anxiety of losing a Hireling far outweighs for me, even decisions made in Mass Effect series and the like...)

I wonder, whether it might be possible to manage my Hirelings in future with a 'Battle Plan' of sorts. Do I want my Hireling to fight defensively? Do I want them to come out swinging? Am I happy with how they handle themselves?
I feel a battle plan feature would be a boon to players such as myself, who enjoy managing Hirelings as much as fighting my own battles.

Thoughts? Is it even possible?

Edit: Spelling error.

I think it would be cool to have roles on troops to be aggressive, supportive or balanced. And also like you said, a determined tactic of defense or offence.That way even without human players they could work as a team!

MrApophos

That's exactly the angle I'm looking at this from - I pay their wages, so I get to tell the Hireling which tactics I want them to use. Especially since, except from parrying, AI seems to have no self preservation instincts.

Example: My main character is badly wounded and needs rest. One Hireling is in a similar condition, and my other is injured, but could still easily win a fight if they go about it the right way. Currently, AI does not appear to understand how much stamina/health they have, and so, fight without any change to tactics. I could order them to be more defensive to try to avoid further injury.

Elaxter

Insider
It was mentioned before about choosing the kind of fighting tactics your hirelings have and they did say that was going to be implemented. To what extent, I can't say.
It would be cool if it could be done mid-combat.

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.