Coffee Diary 8/6/20


Hey Exanimates,

Last week we talked about how we prototyped an updated indirect lighting system, and how it turned out really well. So we decided to go ahead and implement it right away as part of the other renderer updates. We've gotten through all the tricky stuff now, made it scalable and optimised the critical bits. At this point it's mostly a matter of some dynamic scene management stuff to go ahead and fully replace what we have. The results are better than ever, and we can't wait to see how much the graphics will be improved and what cool stuff we can do with it, especially with the upcoming force thaumaturgy.

The other renderer updates are also coming along nicely, the whole new pipeline is complete and working well, we mostly need to port some lighting code and with a completed GI system we can switch over completely. We implemented and tested our previously prototyped optimisation strategies, which we hoped the new system would support even better, but you never know. The results are great, in our stress test we got close to an 80% increase in framerate on max settings.

Content wise, recently we've been figuring out approaches to making etched and embossed armours for those tournament rewards, and have come up with possible solutions. Everything else is proceeding normally, procedural weapons, other new items and new arenas are being made and in parallel story content for the following update, too.

Have a great week!
-the BM team


© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.