Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Modern DVD plastic box

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something exotic like a metal case

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters

MowLiao

Insider
Gaaaah, yeah - I got it too even though I reaaaaally shouldn't be spending that much on a game at the moment, earning barely enough to even pay rent and can barely afford food... Uhhh... ^^; I'm trying to convince myself it'll be okay, because I spent my birthday money on it... =P

Pretty excited though! ^^ Even if we do have to wait for one and a half years for it.

Wakko

Insider
Gaaaah, yeah - I got it too even though I reaaaaally shouldn't be spending that much on a game at the moment, earning barely enough to even pay rent and can barely afford food... Uhhh... ^^; I'm trying to convince myself it'll be okay, because I spent my birthday money on it... =P

Pretty excited though! ^^ Even if we do have to wait for one and a half years for it.
Its a one time life opportunity to support developers who will make us a great game. In one and a half year when the box arrives you'll probably think to yourself you're happy you got it :D

MowLiao

Insider
Bahaha, amazing. If only life really was that carefree. =P

I'm sure I won't regret it either way. I'm pretty hyped. xD

666jet

Insider
We do need something big enough for the jewel cased soundtrack, and whatever other goodies we can muster. I'm with Madoc, I like the old school boxes so maybe that'd work. Optical disks suck though, the game itself will be on a printed USB stick! :)
Will the game be playable from the USB stick?

Kane

Insider
Mac would be amazing! but im sure this will be windows format first, or get an emulator for your mac ;) but where not even in alpha yet so lets see ha

Rob

Mac would be amazing! but im sure this will be windows format first, or get an emulator for your mac ;) but where not even in alpha yet so lets see ha
I agree - getting the finished product for windows is first priority. Anything else is a bonus.

Importantly, it's possible to make it work on mac/linux. They wrote the engine themselves, so there's no dependencies (apart from on standard libraries, presumably), and they're using OpenGL, not DirectX. Consequently, it shouldn't be too hard to make it work on unix-based systems (he says, knowing that he's not the one that has to do the porting...).

Rob

Iv played games on usb on windows like oblivion crysis all you need I direct x full library then your fine
And with opengl your fine
I've never been in a situation where I've wanted to do that. I can understand doing that out of necessity, but not out of choice. I can imagine load/save times would be an issue (unless you've got bottlenecks elsewhere in the system). I like my SATA6Gbps SSD, and so couldn't imagine playing from USB.

666jet

Insider
I've never been in a situation where I've wanted to do that. I can understand doing that out of necessity, but not out of choice. I can imagine load/save times would be an issue (unless you've got bottlenecks elsewhere in the system). I like my SATA6Gbps SSD, and so couldn't imagine playing from USB.
Playing In college/work also would be great to load hole game in ram(for linux and my home pc lols)

666jet

Insider
I just had a idea what if we did a leather bound book as the case that look kinda old maybe like a book just thought it would look epically cool

Kane

Insider
I just had a idea what if we did a leather bound book as the case that look kinda old maybe like a book just thought it would look epically cool
Interesting idea, im sure everything will be considered, its going to be about cost as well and the security when posting as this would probably want to be without a box around it and would just be the book on its own with compartments for all of the items inside.

Cool concept though

666jet

Insider
Interesting idea, im sure everything will be considered, its going to be about cost as well and the security when posting as this would probably want to be without a box around it and would just be the book on its own with compartments for all of the items inside.

Cool concept though
thank you dosen't have to be real leather but would be best with it ^_^ don't care what animal as long as it's not a dog or a cat :D

Psychomorph

Insider
Leather cover with an old looking metal frame and a lock, please. :D Could be too expensive though.

A case that really looks like a book, that you can open is what I'd find really cool. I made a little mock-up. The inlayer would really look like pages, with the typical lines on the edges and the cutout for the soundtrack CD and the USB stick would have those lines, too.
The pages on the top could have text written (or printed) on it so it is even more convincing.

666jet

Insider
Leather cover with an old looking metal frame and a lock, please. :D Could be too expensive though.

A case that really looks like a book, that you can open is what I'd find really cool. I made a little mock-up. The inlayer would really look like pages, with the typical lines on the edges and the cutout for the soundtrack CD and the USB stick would have those lines, too.
The pages on the top could have text written (or printed) on it so it is even more convincing.

WOW did you do that?

666jet

Insider
This is the original picture, I just manipulated it a little bit.

For those who didn't get the idea, the thing is supposed to look like a real book, even if you open it, with secret compartments to store the hidden value. :D
wow still wow that was really good work much better than i could ever be bothered to do

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.