Controller Support

I am merely wondering whether controller support would be a possibility for this game? I myself often use controllers in games and often see no reason as to why the support isn't there. I use keyboard and mouse for a lot of things too, but the way this combat system has been described so far seems like it would work well with a controller. Even if it's in a later patch after the games release I don't see why it shouldn't be added.

Obviously, I don't know the full extent of the controls, I'm unaware of non-combat controls and how the inventory and other user-interfaces will work, so if controllers were to break down there it may be silly to add them in the first place. However, if they are a possibility you should play to everyone's preferences.

hredthel

Insider
Can't you just assign each of your controller buttons to each of your used keys in the controller's provided software? If we are talking about Windows here, I don't see why this would not be an automatic feature....

I would also really like to see controller support!

There's a difference between an actual gamepad control scheme and remapping buttons.

For example, currently it looks like aiming is done with the mouse. Just remapping the mouse to an analog stick is clumsy and slow.

In this case it'd be better if the analog stick instantly changed the direction your character was facing. Basically if it controlled sorta like Zelda.

frakken

Insider
If they do not make support for controllerpads, I suggests that you use the program "Joytokey".
I do not usually use controllerpads to pc-games with an exception for Tiny Barbarian.
Joytokey did the work very well :)

Spoonie

Insider
I'll +1 for this - games like these in my opinion, are better played with a controller - hence why I can't play D3 on computer and will get the PS4 version, which has dodge etc.

Cooper Holt

Insider
I would definitely like to see controller support. Judging by the videos displaying controls that I've seen so afr for SG, controllers/gamepads could would quite well. Though the devs may think differently

Komuflage

Insider
Once again I fell like I'm all negative, nonetheless, won't it be quite difficult to control the cursor with a controller?
Just try to navigate your desktop and a browser with a stick, it works, but it's really suboptimal. :confused:

Parco

madoc have said himself a while ago that controllers wont work very well with the game:
When people first asked about controllers we thought it might work but later realised it probably wouldn't. Some aspects of combat could translate quite well to a controller but then there's also a fair bit of accurate targeting which does not. Item interaction and the UI also generally rely on pixel perfect cursor targeting so that doesn't look promising for a controller either.

Omenov

Insider
Once again I fell like I'm all negative, nonetheless, won't it be quite difficult to control the cursor with a controller?
Just try to navigate your desktop and a browser with a stick, it works, but it's really suboptimal. :confused:
That's how I fell about first person shooters... Grew up on mouse and keyboard and can't use a controller for the life of me but I have seen others who can really get around with controllers. Question is will combat be very specific where your mouse pointer is like for thrusts at certain body parts. Not sure a stick to move the person will work while needing to target small points or maybe they miss out on that fine aspect of combat. Some might prefer that so they can use controllers.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.