Creature Suggestions

Zervostyrd

Insider
Hm Giant spiders seems like they would fit... buut they are kind of overdone :cool:

A nice idea is to search for some animals that exist at present.

Hippos! Sort of a joke but they're quite nasty actually :p

calithlin

Insider
I'd be happy to see some very scary creatures that aren't necessarily giant or evil looking. Something like a well done doppelganger or body-snatcher could be a great plot device. A creature that is cunning and calculating, killing and taking over the bodies of their host, and you only learn the terrible truth that your employer is actually a horrible murderous creature after doing several errands for it, all of which have secretly given it more victims to 'replace' over time.

I'm getting way ahead of myself, but it could go so far as to realize what is 'special' about the main character, and the doppelganger could orchestrate an attempt on the player in order to become unkillable like us.

Just something that popped into my head. A 'creature' that requires no dedicated modeling work, but can just re-use other species' models and add to the lore and plot at the same time.

cosmo bozo

Insider
The problem with a lot of creatures in RPGs is that even the big stuff is less of a threat than a bull or a large dog would be in real life, they're all just bags of hitpoints that wander up to you and start batting away, and stand there letting you hit them back.
Think about it...if you have ever been close up to a large bull, have you ever seen a creature in an RPG that gave that impression of power? I know I haven't
Some more variation in behaviour would be nice too...and there should be stuff where the smarter otpion is just to run away.

MNONE

Supporter
I think that's going to be the idea: combat won't be just thrown at you, but when it happens the idea is for it to be challenging.

I will vouch for that, I can't get past that giant guy in black armor in Undead Burg. The little enemies make for a challenge when there is more than one of them, that's for sure. I imagine we'll see similar with those skeletons.

walltar

Insider
I would like to see non agresive creatures ... like cats and dogs in cities, but there is one crature id like to see ... raven and/or crow, imagine when you come across dead man of caravan destroyed by bandist. There must be ravens on those corpses and when you come close they wil fly away and they will come back later to finish their meal.

BrecMadak

Insider
I will vouch for that, I can't get past that giant guy in black armor in Undead Burg. The little enemies make for a challenge when there is more than one of them, that's for sure. I imagine we'll see similar with those skeletons.
it is the first ever black knight that you have to deal with, i love the design in DS for the fact that even rarely you can encounter some tough foes that could trouble you at the time pretty much, this add another dimension(s) to combat experience since it breaks linearity for the good. I'd really wish for SG to be designed within same mind, so that SG won't present us limited challenging monsters in a row; besides it adds even more tension and excitement. For those who prefer to beat that foe at a later time when you feel that you could kill it, you could re-visit same place. Best part is the pleasure you gonna have when you defeat it eventually.

Also, what if devs add a mechanic that monsters are scaled proportional with your character being slightly tougher than once they were used to be, so that when you would like to slay some, you wouldn't get bored just cause they were not challenging anymore for your level. Just an example.

Mimel

Insider
Because this is a low-fantasy world, I would prefer not to see one evil group of military groups from the same evil overlord throughout the whole game. I envision a multitude of various groups, individuals, towns and some unique monsters that are based on legends, superstitions and/or mutations.

The stories must be believable and have some continuation after my involvement. I like the mystery side of things, movements in the shadows, voices from an alley, gossip, chance meetings and so on.

SergeDavid

Insider
I personally want to see a land whale or something following the size of a whale above or below ground. Maybe in a cave you discover a wall, but it is no wall and now it tries to eat you and you can't do enough damage up front to stop it so you got to run / get behind it. Imagine the bounty in its belly.

Mimel

Insider
I personally want to see a land whale or something following the size of a whale above or below ground. Maybe in a cave you discover a wall, but it is no wall and now it tries to eat you and you can't do enough damage up front to stop it so you got to run / get behind it. Imagine the bounty in its belly.
Don't worry, I have great faith that we will all have a 'whale of a time' in this new world.

I think all of our speculation is something the team has already thought of more than once. They have similar backgrounds to most of us. Our posts will then expand their thoughts or support them, give them our wishes and occasionally bring up new ones.

Zervostyrd

Insider
Satyrs! to replace "goblins" and "orcs" which are overdone :) Stuff like Centaurs don't seem to be that overdone either (well there are a lot in fantasy, but not so much in games) I think Titan quest (Arachnos something? they were pretty nice :p) had some intresting foes, Immortal throne somewhat more, instead of the generic goblins or orcs.

Pantheon

Insider
Problems with centaurs would be the same as with horses, they'd probably would be hard to animate properly with the physics engine in place. They might look rather silly stumbling around :D

Minotaurs would be something I'd like to see, maybe even only one within a labyrinth ;)

cosmo bozo

Insider
The odd unique creature such as a minotaur in a labyrinth would be nice

Having both genders for the creatures would help the world be more believable too...where were all the female giants in Skyrim for example?

Zervostyrd

Insider
Pantheon said:
Problems with centaurs would be the same as with horses, they'd probably would be hard to animate properly with the physics engine in place. They might look rather silly stumbling around :D
Indeed, though they would be cool if they were in. But BM probably won't put in something that looks silly and I don't like it to be in if so either. Could be worth a try though :)

TheScythian

Insider
I had a go at designing a creature...I call it the stalker. It has the body and fur (most of the skin has fallen off) of a bear, and the head and neck of a deer. It is nocturnal and only found in wooded areas. It's not outright aggressive but has a habit of following nighttime travellers at a distance, hence the name. It can run incredibly fast and occasionally stands upright on it's hind legs (reaching 10ft tall). The faint red glow from it's eye sockets strikes fear into the hearts of all, sending even the most seasoned knights running for town. As a result no-one knows how it will respond to being confronted....yet.

calithlin

Insider
Excellent concept TheScythian! Reminds me of very tribalistic monsters -- undead chimera types seemed somewhat common in that type of lore but arent often well represented in games. I approve!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.