Daggers.

Scarecrow

Insider
Yeah, I've never experienced one shots by dagger. Daggers deal a lot of damage to unarmoured foes true, but plated ones? Highly uneffective unless they get lucky blows in exposed parts.

ThePollie

I've been struck over the head by axes and mauls, never killed on the spot. Half health, usually. But still on my feet. I have lost six saved games thus far to encountering someone with a dagger, who proceeded to drop me with one strike, even if it only connected with my arm. I've noticed cleavers doing equally stupid levels of damage, but they lack the accuracy and speed to be as much of a threat.

Last edited:
Daggers are very ineffective vs plate armor. However they do shine in the lower tiers where armor is minimal. I don't believe its possible to be one hit by them. I recall a fight I had with a dagger guy in aspirant he had the fancy and managed to strike overhead directly to my face. It took about 2/3 of my health in permanent damage, It was a really strong strike and certainly woke me up but even after that it wasn't enough to kill my character.

MindSliver

There is the possibility that you have just been extraordinarily unlucky. One time I was fighting someone with a dagger and he attacked but missed due to my stepping out of range. as I usually do I then stepped back into range to strike him but his arm did the rag doll swing back into position and the tip just touched my chin (exposed face helmet) wasn't even a strike, but the tip touched clean and it took an extraordinary amount of my health straight into the red. I didn't die from it and finished the fight by the skin of my teeth but if it had been any more than a touch it would have killed me outright I'm sure of it. Cleavers have also cut me up pretty bad in the past but nothing like that dagger tip haha.

Don Kanaille

Insider
Just check the arena shop periodically, they´ll show up eventually. The basic one costs like what, 10 silver? And they do potentially gruesame damage to anything that protected by metal armor. A bit too much in my opinion; I´d rather see them be used as thrusting weapons mainly.

I don´t think you can acquire a dagger in the campaign yet unles they have been added to the random container loot table.

Well, if you're not wearing a chain coif, it is entirely possible they are slashing you in the neck and pulling the blade along doing massive damage.

There are two Daggers available in the arena. One is Cheaper, and looks more simple. Costs 10 silver and is small and colored black-ish. The other is a much nicer looking one, and costs 1 gold and 3 silver. It's more spindly and has two prongs attached to the hand guard, presumably for catching your opponent's blade to disarm(not a thing yet).

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.