Facts for the Devs

nox

Insider
my 2 year old schoolbook is wrong:eek: well, not rly. its true they change color based on their mood, but also temperature, health, communication, and light. objects reflect the light it doesnt absorb and it is that light we are seeing as the objects color. so they can change color based on the environment.
Yes, change color based on the environment, not take on the color of the environment. Like octopuses do.

Necoo

Since I am here I might as well throw in some more facts.

A Mirror is made by coating polished glass with a thin layer of silver.

Sapphire is the 2nd hardest mineral just behind diamond and is only blue because of impurities, pure sapphire is clear.

AD does not stand for after death as is commonly thought, it stands for the Latin term "Anno Domini", in English it would read "the year of our Lord."

Obsidian is something often seen in video games, however it is normally depicted as a rock or a metal, which isn't true. Obsidian is a glass formed by a volcano. It can be chipped away to form an edge, which can then be imbedded into wood to form a sword, or if you had a big enough chunk of obsidian you could form an entire blade from it. An obsidian edge can get to be sharper then a Damascus steel sword. Which, while I'm at it, a sword made from Damascus steel is thought to be the sharpest weapons made from steel at the time.

Cats purr as a means to heal themselves and to strengthen their bones and muscles. They will even purr as a way to prevent themselves from dieing.

Arsenic can be extracted from apple seeds.

A strawberry is not a berry, but a banana is.

Pure aluminum before 1880 AD was more valuable then gold.

Ickorus

Insider
What? Yes they can. My dog looks up at me all the time when he's lying down. o_O
Mine does, too.
Plus I have two dogs, so twice the dogs = twice the proof (flawless logic).
But Big Al down at the Winchester said so.

Ok, I feel bad for making a reference that not everyone understood so some real info now (Remember, grain of salt with all this as I don't claim to be an expert, I just read a lot):

- The Katana is not the ultimate sword, the reason it is seen as such is because the methods for crafting them have been handed down through the generations while proper European sword crafting methods have been lost over the ages (probably due to rapid technological advancement); that and the extreme romanticization of the Katana in popular culture.

- Rapiers don't just come in the delicate thrusting weapon variety, military variants could be as large and heavy as a long sword (if not larger and heavier) and could be designed to both cut and thrust; the weapon was also popular among civilians due to their light weight and long reach. (They also tended to have beautiful hilts)

I'll come up with some more later if I can think of anything else. :)

Fawz

Insider
Sounds to me like you're describing the Cavalry Saber, which could be considered a variant of the rapier.

From what I had read and reserched the way old Katana blades were crafted was also lost. All in all almost all ways of crafting weapon and armour were lost. Technological advancements has allowed people to reverse engineer them based on relics or devise their own methods, but the exact way those items were made is pretty much lost.

Ickorus

Insider
Sounds to me like you're describing the Cavalry Saber, which could be considered a variant of the rapier.

From what I had read and reserched the way old Katana blades were crafted was also lost. All in all almost all ways of crafting weapon and armour were lost. Technological advancements has allowed people to reverse engineer them based on relics or devise their own methods, but the exact way those items were made is pretty much lost.

I see why you'd say that but the ones I'm talking about are more along the lines of the German variant of rapiers and earlier rapiers before they were developed into thin, fast, thrusting weapons.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.