[FEATURE REQUEST] default camera zoom levels for combat versus interactive mode

as a player I would like to set the default camera zoom level for combat and interactive mode so when I toggle between the two modes the camera zoom is set automatically.

I'd like to set combat mode to +100% zoom and interactive mode to -100% zoom when I toggle between the two. The default zoom only gets set when toggle on/off, afterwards camera controls behave as normal until the character switches modes again.

RobG

Insider
I've thought about this one in the past also, I did wonder if it could be annoying in certain situations (trying to track two spread apart enemies for example as you go in to fight) but I'm not sure, it seems like a good suggestion considering that is how I would usually automatically react anyway to combat by zooming. Anything done automatically though I always think carries a danger of being inconvenient in a specific situation, and therefore better off done manually. Kind of torn on this one.

Anything done automatically though I always think carries a danger of being inconvenient in a specific situation, and therefore better off done manually. Kind of torn on this one.
It is definitely low hanging fruit and I'd suggest the defaults exactly as it operates now (no change between modes). My logic for the feature is how I like my starting zoom level to be, i.e. I think we all do this already with the zoom when going into combat mode.

This is a tricky one in regards to the developers have a clear plan on keeping combat consistent for all users (which I 100% approve of) but I think this on falls into the worth streamlining category.

The other option is to turn it on it's head and always be maxed zoomed in to start and then allow the user to zoom out, personally I like that less as it's just moving the annoyance to the other side.

It also acts as an additional visual cue for which mode you are in, definitely some value in the option. As mentioned, it is a low hanging fruit and falls into the 'cool to have but might not really get used that much so is it worth the dev time?' type features.

If it couldn't be implemented in less than a couple hours...throw it on the 'cool feature bro, maybe one day' pile.

RobG

Insider
I don't know if you noticed btw but one of the updates more recently made it so that if you zoom in for the first arena fight then you start the subsequent fights you stay zoomed, it used to be that you had to zoom for every individual fight, this was a change I really appreciated actually as it was kind of a no brainer that you would want to zoom straight away if you did it the first time.

Imagine this though, in campaign you are zoomed in looking around a room in detail, then you hear a door creek and a zombie noise, you zoom out see the door and the zombie then hit combat to prepare for the fight and it zooms you back in, this would be really annoying I think for me at least. Or you are pressed to a wall and it zooms right in and you cant see your dude properly anymore.

I know this is kind of reiterating what I just said earlier, but i'm trying to picture if the option was there for auto zoom would I press it or keep it off? Do I want this feature or not? I don't think so thinking about it. Not when the same time could be spent making eyebrow density sliders, or a mole, boil and blemish system or something ( we can all dream right haha)

Guy

I don't know if you noticed btw but one of the updates more recently made it so that if you zoom in for the first arena fight then you start the subsequent fights you stay zoomed, it used to be that you had to zoom for every individual fight, this was a change I really appreciated actually as it was kind of a no brainer that you would want to zoom straight away if you did it the first time.

Imagine this though, in campaign you are zoomed in looking around a room in detail, then you hear a door creek and a zombie noise, you zoom out see the door and the zombie then hit combat to prepare for the fight and it zooms you back in, this would be really annoying I think for me at least. Or you are pressed to a wall and it zooms right in and you cant see your dude properly anymore.

I know this is kind of reiterating what I just said earlier, but i'm trying to picture if the option was there for auto zoom would I press it or keep it off? Do I want this feature or not? I don't think so thinking about it. Not when the same time could be spent making eyebrow density sliders, or a mole, boil and blemish system or something ( we can all dream right haha)
IF it were an assignable key to zoom between presets, you could choose to do it or use current style instead. Thus situationally it is your call to take advantage if there is one, and to not if there isn't one.

Or set zoom out at 90% and zoom in to 10% if you could set zoom levels, and manually go from there as you wish. I'd assign R or F to toggle, or set one to zoom in and one to zoom out from my current zoom pref.

As long as the zoom was an optional event, and adjustable, it would be a great addition for those who want to use it.

I'd love to see two settings, Combat Zoom Level and Interactive Zoom Level both with sliders (default is 0 for both).

My personal setup would be CZL @ +100% (i.e. max zoom in ) and IZL @ -50% (50% zoom out). It is one of the few play style preferences that could be reflected with adjusted settings without disrupting game play.

I play at 1080p and I find max zoom in is a must in combat for me still, I might zoom out a bit (+75% range) when there are more than one enemy but even then I don't feel I need it.

I am dying to play this game on a ridiculously large screen at an insane resolution. I find when I zoom in all the way I can see almost the entire Arena room and I like that for combat, full zoom out and the characters are too small.

edit: it's actually about half the room I can see.

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.