[Feedback/Sugestion on melee system]As veteran of melee games I really want to...

say that concept of examina and Sui generis is really cool.

BUT
I have to point some of the concerns that i have, probably sall and easy things for devs to do but really big pain in fanny for me and my friends that tried Exanima.

I really love to be able zoom my camera a bit closer to my avatar. I can argument that with multiple reasons but most important is that I can control my range in fight better.
I don't really think that is big issue but It can be really helpful for lots of players.

I need option with fixed camera behind my back, I can't be forced to press space all the time during fight, it really should be a option but also I am sure that lots of players would like current system more.
Alos wals should be transparent during fight, they are most of the time but yeha... I am sure that devs are aware of that.

However all that stuffs is nothing compared with movement set in fight. I know that i can kind of walk back and forward when i tap s or w but I would love to be able to sidestep without any crazy jumps. I am not saying that that movements are any bad I like them but sometimes I really want to adjust my position without some crazy jumps.

In my opinion that would add some depth in to fight.
I know that game is still under development I know that is early access.

That is just my feedback after 30h of gameplay in examina.

Game is really cool, I really like style of that game.

Buggeroo

Insider
Just as you can tap w or s, you can tap a or d to do sidesteps, without 'crazy jumps', or maybe I misunderstand :)
The point about fixed camera has been discussed countless times in the past. It has been tested and just does not work properly. I am sure you can dig up some of the debates. The fact that it keeps coming up leads me to think that it needs to be addressed somehow in the game, through a 'novice' control option or at least some info to let people know that its absense it completely intentional.
Being able to zoom more is also a frequent request, so I'm guessing we probably will be able to at some point.

NachoDawg

I really want to adjust my position without some crazy jumps.
Ah yes, I agree a lot with this one. It's possible to just live with the jumping, but I could play with a lot more finesse if small steps were possible.

THe camera-behind-back thing has been discussed to death, by the way. It probably won't get changed ever, but I promiss you that you'll get used to it and won't even notice it after some time :)

Well camera probably takes practice, but small steps would be really cool, for camera I will probably bind loop space macro for eternal win :p.
Does anybody know about kicks nuges or any unarmed atacks? Are there any plans about that?

tiny lampe

Insider
for camera I will probably bind loop space macro for eternal win :p.
Frankly, I'd advise you not to press the space bar at all when fighting. You will become a much better fighter if you leave the camera alone and learn to fight from any camera position.

Does anybody know about kicks nuges or any unarmed atacks? Are there any plans about that?
The latest beta includes unarmed attacks. Only punching (straights, hooks and uppercuts) so far. More moves will be included.

-Tim-

Insider
However all that stuffs is nothing compared with movement set in fight. I know that i can kind of walk back and forward when i tap s or w but I would love to be able to sidestep without any crazy jumps. I am not saying that that movements are any bad I like them but sometimes I really want to adjust my position without some crazy jumps.
Hi, glad you're enjoying the game! It's important to know that doing small and quick sidesteps is quite possible by single tapping either A or D. Holding the movement keys makes the character do long dashes, or 'jumps', but tapping them makes the character do small steps, allowing for careful and precise movement. As with everything in this game, this takes practice to master.

Edit: Just noticed Buggeroo already pointed this out, apologies. Oh well, a little repetition never hurt anyone :rolleyes:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.