First completed run experience [SPOILERS]

Tyrek

So, after 25 hours playtime I beat the game for the first time. (22 hours practice, 3 hours to complete game)
Great fun!

Just thought I would create a thread where people can share their experience leading up to the completion of their first run (how they did it, what was hard/easy etc) as well as share my own experience.

So... here's what I experienced
1. On my first couple of tries I did not realize that the chests were actually chests and that one could double-click them. They don't have any feature that screams "this container is interactable" in contrast to all other non-interactable containers in the game. They even look like just blocks of wood. (some other containers have this issue as well but the standard chest is especially inconspicuous)

If this is on purpose then never mind! I don't mind realism over user friendliness, although some probably do.

2. (Similar to 1) I got stuck a long time because I didn't realize you could double-click the big iron door.
After hours upon hours of clicking and dragging on all doors it didn't occur to me that one could double-click this one. Once again, not obvious, it seemed un-interactable to me.

I guess both of these points might be fixed by any upcoming tutorial in which players get to open containers and doors. Edit: I had read the quick guide thoroughly.

3. I avoided 75% (or more) of all combat.
Before I realized that this was the best way to go about the game, I didn't get very far. Once I really took on the mentality of never starting a fight myself I got passed the first level and beat the other two on my first try. I didn't start fights myself until the third level when I had good armor and knew for sure I could take down the enemy.

I guess this is by design and it definitely adds something to the experience, making combat something you avoid and choose instead of a bother or chore. I started out killing maybe 5 zombies on the first floor, maybe 2 on the second floor and lots of enemies on the last floor. I'm probably going to try a run in which I kill a lot more, but the easiest way to beat the game is simply running from, avoiding and trapping the enemies.

4. I used shield and torch to deal with all enemies that attacked me but after I got a 2h sword, that was way better and made all other weapons obsolete for me, even though the enemies had armor vs slashing.

ShaolinG

1 and 2 - agree, if I wasn't reading this forum, I probably would never open first locked door)) 4 - don't know what about full game, with another types of enemies and magic and other stuff, but now 2h swords looks OP. Hammer is too slow, 1h sword is too short, and with a little bit of practice I'm able to protect myself with 2h sword as good as with shield.

Bergzwerg

Good read,
1) I like it the way it is, makes me really explore the rooms
2) Would've never figured out keys without the forum :>
3) Still haven't done that yet :(
4) I beat the arena with the 2h sword but for the campaign i use to go weith the torch and the machete/sword.. doesn't work out too good for me until now (didn't beat the first level yet but i'm trying to kill all the things :D).

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.