Getting stuck...and other similars affair.

Fdel

I think such issues should be fixed as prioroty.

upload_2016-3-6_13-25-0.png
There also another problem with floor grates.
I ve already seen 2 or 3 zombies stuck there.
I myself got my hand stuck in a grate after being beaten to uncousciousness over one.
When i woke up, my hand was stuck and wherever i moved my hand was on the grate and my streched to follow my body.
I reloaded to see if it would fix. The game game gave me damage until i died game over.

There also a improvement to be done with the shield that is a barrel lid with a rope.
There too much overswing, you don t fall but you keep turning showing your back to the ennemy it shouldn t happen.
This disproportion is also clealy visible when you walk with it, you seem a child carying something and leaving his arm forceless.
I think such stuff happen because muscle rigidness isn t taken in account, but it should be tuned somehow. As is it now the tiny shield protect more than this barrel lid shield.

If you get stuck in the door, just open it and free yourself.
If you get stuck in a grate, maybe try switching weapons and items to try and boot yourself out.
Also, the Barrel lid shield kinda sucks, because they nerfed it. It used to be the best shield because it was the biggest.

Fdel

If you get stuck in the door, just open it and free yourself.
3 zombies chasing me...anyway thats shouldn t happen, it should work correctly. Which remember me how pissing off is fighting hostile zombie behind a door they are pushing.

If you get stuck in a grate, maybe try switching weapons and items to try and boot yourself out.
I tried, Didn t work, anyway it shouldn t happen.

Also, the Barrel lid shield kinda sucks, because they nerfed it. It used to be the best shield because it was the biggest.
Nice to know, thank you.
But apart from that, animation don t behave "seriously", it sucks, and it gives too much rotating inertia when you RtL attack, you keep spinning like a weathercock.

3 zombies chasing me...anyway thats shouldn t happen, it should work correctly. Which remember me how pissing off is fighting hostile zombie behind a door they are pushing.

I tried, Didn t work, anyway it shouldn t happen.

Nice to know, thank you.
But apart from that, animation don t behave "seriously", it sucks, and it gives too much rotating inertia when you RtL attack, you keep spinning like a weathercock.
The first one, if they're on the other side of the door, just try and pull yourself free, if that doesn't work, just carefully extract your arm. If they're on your side, either, 1, you're fucked, 2 you're pro and can win using 1 hand, or 3, you quickly extract your arm and get the hell outta there.

Reminds me of this one time, I closed a door on myself, back before we had the new arena and level 4. I basically ended getting a door slammed on both my legs and a zombie trying to beat me to death. I got on me feet. That is if, getting pushed to the top of the closed door frame with my feet on the door frame counts as that. So, basically I'm hanging upside down in a door frame, trying to not get killed by a zombie with a iron bar. I won. I think I may be the only person to of had actually killed a opponent upside down.

The grate, yeah, idk about that.

With the barrel lid, think of it this way. You're holding a 10~ pound weight by a slack piece of coarse rope. It's going to be alot harder to hold still than a real shield. So, either learn how to 1 hand only, or find a breaker shield.

Fdel

10 pound is way too much.
it should be lighter, and any way, there s other s way to carry a shield. Certainly not like it was a sack of potatoes hanging to your forearm.

Anyway since then, and since torch ain t much an option as weapon, i fight 1 handed and torch on the other hand.

10 pound is way too much.
it should be lighter, and any way, there s other s way to carry a shield. Certainly not like it was a sack of potatoes hanging to your forearm.

Anyway since then, and since torch ain t much an option as weapon, i fight 1 handed and torch on the other hand.
It's a Heavy wooden disk, that is 2'~ wide, 3-4" thick and It's banded by Iron. It's going to not be good as a shield, because it's not meant to be a shield.

Fdel

Yes nut in the animation sucks anyway, you don t carry the shield the way it is carried, unless you are totally static. you ring the shield a bit in front of your body, with your arm a little bended to better manage the weight.

Anyway, weight ir more tied to the material than size and arqueological shearch demonstrate that most wooden shields would be around 5 to 8 lbs, including the large round vicking ones.
There s no reason a barrel lid to be more sturdy than a shield, nor heavyer.

Yes nut in the animation sucks anyway, you don t carry the shield the way it is carried, unless you are totally static. you ring the shield a bit in front of your body, with your arm a little bended to better manage the weight.

Anyway, weight ir more tied to the material than size and arqueological shearch demonstrate that most wooden shields would be around 5 to 8 lbs, including the large round vicking ones.
There s no reason a barrel lid to be more sturdy than a shield, nor heavyer.
It's not meant to be a shield, just an improvised one. It's a barrel lid. It's built with barrel materials. Say, oak. It's been treated and compressed. And from the looks of it, the ingame version has been double stacked, and bound with iron. It's going to weigh alot. It's thicker than the large wooden shield, and it also, as I mentioned earlier, has a rope grip. Imagine trying to hold up at 10~ pound weight by a slack, coarse, old(moldy?) rope. Yeah, not very secure.

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.