Half Handing

Pokakaa

I don't know if this has been talked about, I actually think it might not be possible with the physics engine... but would it be possible to half hand a blade? That would turn a sword into a weaker blunt weapon that can be used against heavily armored opponents like in real life. With the physics engine, it makes me kind of think that it would dig into the player's hands without chain gloves, but I'm hoping that's not the case. In real life, you are actually pretty safe half handing a sword, even with no gloves at all.

I'm not sure if it would be possible give what I stated, but I think it would add realism if a skill made it so that pressing a button made the character half-hand their sword weapons.

Yngvald

Insider
The word you're looking for is half-swording.

Part of this is implemented with the two-handed thrust, and I vaguely recall Madoc alluding to different stances.

Peasant135

What the developers say on this matter:

Stances have been a big topic for some time, though not so much on these forums. We do have some ideas for stances, but right now we're trying to focus on other mechanics and content before we make further refinements to combat.

It's difficult to introduce a good variety of stances with clear practical advantages, especially as many would be things that conflict with some game mechanics (e.g. telegraphing). So far the idea that has gained the most traction is to have a single alternative stance leading with the right foot, which changes attacks and other things, but also integrates switching stance into actions. This would allow for half steps forward or backward, that change the leading foot, and that can be synchronised with attacks. For example you might extend a thrust further by switching to right foot forward as you do it.
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/362490/discussions/0/135509024340609599/

Last edited:

Pc Genie

Personally I think that half-swording would have exactly the same issues as before with stabbing at plates on armoured opponents. Not to say that it wouldn't look cool, because it would look amazing done correctly!

The very reason for half-swording however is to finely manipulate the sword point into armour gaps, in a game where it would be hard to implement something so precise at to aim at specific inches on a target (even ignoring spacebar holders like me).

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.