Ham and Stag for Dinner

Greenbrog

Insider
I love that the computer will try to run now. I love that the player can run from the computer.

Was wondering if something like "hamstringing" will make it in soon. I know some artificial "status" effect would seem unrealistic. But being dazed/hamstrung is a very real thing IRL. And while you can knock people down and you can "stagger" people (animations that have a lot of screen shake and/ animations that take a long time to recover). Obviously a stagger should require a head shot and hamstringing an attack on the calf.

Other than bonus damage for hitting someones head and the likelihood that the calf has less armour than most places and generally harder to block, trying to attack the calf at least doesn't seem to carry the appropriate cost to benefit.

Obviously something like this needs to be done at the same time or after "training" the AI how to defend their legs better, and it would be a close combat skill which I believe are all (8) already earmarked. Maybe the draw/pulling strike will fill this whole or thurmaturgy (especially because I think everyone will have "some" to a certain extent), making it harder to run; would seem like something that needs to be in the game.

I am not complaining about enemies running, or that they even do it well. I'd just like to be able hobble an enemy (especially "hard" targets) and to continue the "dance," but with a movement advantage.

I love that the computer will try to run now. I love that the player can run from the computer.

Was wondering if something like "hamstringing" will make it in soon. I know some artificial "status" effect would seem unrealistic. But being dazed/hamstrung is a very real thing IRL. And while you can knock people down and you can "stagger" people (animations that have a lot of screen shake and/ animations that take a long time to recover). Obviously a stagger should require a head shot and hamstringing an attack on the calf.

Other than bonus damage for hitting someones head and the likelihood that the calf has less armour than most places and generally harder to block, trying to attack the calf at least doesn't seem to carry the appropriate cost to benefit.

Obviously something like this needs to be done at the same time or after "training" the AI how to defend their legs better, and it would be a close combat skill which I believe are all (8) already earmarked. Maybe the draw/pulling strike will fill this whole or thurmaturgy (especially because I think everyone will have "some" to a certain extent), making it harder to run; would seem like something that needs to be in the game.

I am not complaining about enemies running, or that they even do it well. I'd just like to be able hobble an enemy (especially "hard" targets) and to continue the "dance," but with a movement advantage.
Isn't there already a level of getting dazed or stumbling after getting hit hard?

-Tim-

Insider
I vote for a crippling/hamstringing/whatever mechanic, both for the PC and AI. I loved this in Fallout, greatly increases immersion.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.