Hard to be a God

Seems like one of 'those' films where after watching it you still have no fucking clue what's happened.

I'll have to give it a shot...

Sneil

Insider
Looks cool, though I don't like how they portray medieval life as totally brutal and dirty.
Sorry, thread necro. But yea, I agree. Just because it is presented as 800 years ago doesn't mean people acted like complete animals. Hell, look at the Egyptians or the ancient Samarian's of thousands of years past. In many respects those ancient civilizations were further advanced as a society/empire than we are today.

I'm not a fan of the vibe they give off either of humanity in this era. Anyway, just my opinion and not my taste.

Last edited:

-Tim-

Insider
Hell, look at the Egyptians or the ancient Samarian's of thousands of years past. In many respects those ancient civilizations were further advanced as a society/empire than we are today.
A bold claim. Examples?

Bullethead

I'm not a fan of the vibe they give off either of humanity in this era. Anyway, just my opinion and not my taste.
I really don't see any difference in people over time. While an individual person can be reasonable, honest, civilized, etc., people in general are now and have always been stupid, nasty, and barbarous, especially in large groups.

Mikodzi

Insider
Aham gentlemans. I have read that book long time ago, but if I recall correctly, its not about SPOILER our planet /SPOILER

zhuliks

Insider
Did you know that the book it was originally was written by Bros Strugatsky, who also wrote a book on which game "S.T.A.L.K.E.R." was made, whats more this film is made and directed by same man who made a film "Stalker" based on said book.

Unlike the game films and books are more philosophical rather than entertaining, all Strugatsky books are like that, they dont end like your usual books or films, but rather give you a bunch of questions to think about and leave you with em.

DesmondMem

Your left or right penile accouterment may decide to swell to hitherto unimaginable proportions. It's a bit entertaining at first but the laughs go out the window soon enough. Ttbmk I committed no crime that brought on this punishment. But another feature of getting old is that your past sins come back to haunt you in more detail and sometimes become magnified to their true importance. Maybe this can be manifested physically?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.