Insider

Jackm108

So I've noticed there are a few users who have 'insider' status, and there's a private insider forum. How does one achieve insider status? Activity on forums, or do you apply like a closed beta thing?

NachoDawg

It was for funding the game back in the days. I don't think you can get it anymore unless a dev makes an exception for some reason

Jackm108

Shame. I would've funded the game back then if I knew it existed. I hope they give us another chance to get insider status.

Would an insider be kind enough to screen shot every page of insider's forum and post it on imgur ?
in advance, thanks

lol

Tony

Insider
It is possible to gain insider access if a dev invites you. Madoc has invited a few people already. If people are active in the community, helpful, etc. then their chances of being invited are much higher.

Bullethead

Insider vs Dirty Peasant threads apparently are a common occurance nearing the end of a release cycle. Fortunately, this omen assures one the release will arrive shortly.
I've been an "insider" with enough other games to know not to be jealous of them for games where I'm a "ditry peasant". Sure, "insiders" get the 1st look at the new stuff, but it's usually broken for most of the time they have it. And they spend so much time hunting and documenting bugs, and verifying the fixes, that by the time it's released to the general public, they're burned out on the game. Thus, they often want to take a break from it and so don't get to play much with the working version because by the time they start playing again, it's about time to dig into the next update's new bugs. Plus of course, they know all the secrets so get no thrill of discovery. IOW, "insiders" sacrifice a lot of their own enjoyment of the game as regular players for the benefit of the "dirty peasants". So the "dirty peasants" should leave them alone and be thankful, especially as nothing the "dirty peasants" say or do will make the update come out any faster :).

Insider vs Dirty Peasant threads apparently are a common occurance nearing the end of a release cycle. Fortunately, this omen assures one the release will arrive shortly.
That is some quality point on gaming syndrom of nerds volo impetro in forum occultum sed ut est nimis sero.

Don Kanaille

Insider
While being an "Insider" is a kind of reward, you are also somewhat morally obliged to break the hell out of the new builds and report all the bugs you find.

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.