Invulnerable shield-wielding arm

Kasper

As in title, I've noticed during my fights that direct hits to the inside of shield, right onto hand and forearm don't do any damage to them - game detects them also as a shield. I thought I could be wrong but then I checked on corpses and it's easy to verify.

I don't think it's a big issue and probably developers are aware of this but I wanted to point this out anyway.

Parco

Interesting, havent noticed this before, dont have time to check myself atm, but could it be that youre hitting the straps and its those that is blocking the attack?

Kasper

No, I'm sure to be hitting arm, not the straps - tested this many times with various weapons and shields, apart from long kite shields since they wouldn't stay still and parallel with the ground.

Roryn

Insider
This is true; I've noticed it, too. It's never been anything I notice until you brought it up, though. Might be nice if it changed sometime.

Kaladin

I've noticed this as well, though I always assumed it was a miss e.g didn't hit the shield arm or hit the shield in the wrong place. I'd love it if this game didn't have hand-glued weapons and shields though.

dennisftw

I think the hands just have invulnerable hitboxes, I've noticed when I'm fighting unarmed if they hit my hands it just makes a "thwack" sound occasionally it cuts if they use bladed weapons however blunt weapons deal no damage.

Roryn

Insider
Mm I don't think so. Certainly the hands are less vulnerable, and I do think that they actually block attacks when you fight unarmed, but I've seen small bits of blood come from the unprotected hands when wielding a weapon in my own fighters and others.

Kasper

In general, hands are definitely vulnerable with any weapon and those kind of hits occur quite often in my matches. I'm not sure about pugilism, but I think Roryn is right - they don't take any damage if you use them to block opponent's punches.

Syllabear3

Is not only the arm, when they are in the floor they even cover their heads with it.

Shields are pretty pissing and should be removed.
With the only fact that you can block and attack at the same time it makes it broken.

Syllabear3

Broken, or just realistic? In real life, fighting close-quarters without a shield is idiotic.
Because we have enough tools or movements to counter shields...

I was about to upload a vid about me exploiting shield to drop enemies to the floor but who cares.

Last edited:

Kaladin

Yep you can pretty much hold down left mouse button with the shield, victory becomes a trivial matter after you pass a certain threshold of armor and shield level - unless you are facing another shield user, but even then you are far more durable with the shield than the AI.

Syllabear3

If it makes Syllabear3 mad I'm all for it. :D Pls do not remove shields.
Is not making me mad, is about making the game boring.
Im pretty sure others find it frustrating or boring too, specially noob people (unless they join the shield master race ;p but is the same because the game turns boring because too easy).

Roryn

Insider
Yeah it's ok we understand and stuff. However, I'm not sure I agree necessarily with the idea that wielding a shield makes the player invulnerable. I personally find it much easier to defeat enemies with two-handed weapons and polearms. I've trained with those for much more time and so my point is that you'll be good at whatever you practice most with. Perhaps shields only give an innate advantage to less experienced players.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.