Just adding my feedback and impressions after 20 or so hours of playing.

First, I'll say that exanima is great. It's beautiful, the mechanics are fun and it makes me excited for what could be.

Because I'm likely to just write a list of gripes or things I find awkward about the game it may come off as sounding like I don't like it, but that's not the case. The game's fantastic really, and my gripes are minor. Mostly QOL stuff.
Also it may be that things I wish were in the game are upcomming planned features so *shrug*

One thing I have noticed is that often the weight of objects feels 'floaty'. Somethings seem done right (like chairs) and others seem like they are made of foam when they should be heavy af (like the anvil on the stump).

Sometimes weapons or strikes can have that floaty feel to it as well. Specifically the overhead strike. It's slower than the other strikes. I'm okay with combat being slower than reality, after all it's a game. But the inconsistent speeds are off putting and hard to calculate.

I would like more options with key bindings also. I would like to change overhead strikes to mouse 4 for example or thrusts to another button.

I would also like a way to consistently start my strike from a certain side or guard. At the moment striking from the left or striking low is pretty janky. I think the combat system is an attempt to not be generic but at the moment it's not far off skyrims level.

The inventory system. It's not so good. Not being able to see what I currently have equipped where and what my protection is in a particular area is not great. It's especially problematic with later level arena fighters who have different loadouts for each level you can't remember if you equipped this gambeson or that gambeson for this level or whatever.

Some arena levels are too dark. The dark is fine for the story stuff, but in arena it just doesn't fit. Knowing what arena a fight is being played in would be cool too.

The arena should have an audience. Appropriate cheering and booing would be neat.

I would also like it if my opponents were named. Things like that could add a lot of atmosphere.

Cheers.

Peasant135

First, let me welcome you to Exanima/Sui Generis official forums.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the game. Yes, you are raising some good points. But you must know that right now the developers' team is quite busy trying to finish the core gameplay mechanics required for the rest of the levels of story mode. They are doing the best they can to offer us adequate gameplay experience for a game that is still in early access. Although there are few incomplete features here and there, I think it doesnt deattach much from overall experience of the game. Try to have fun with what we already have, there is much to find.

I think the combat system is an attempt to not be generic but at the moment it's not far off skyrims level.
Lol, I'm kidding. You are just too new to exploit the game engine's to its full potential. Look at what expert players can do:

If this looks to you like anything from Skyrim...I'll have to call Titus. :)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.