Just noticed some new implementation

ChavaiotH

On level 4 was attacked by skeleton. Killed him. Then come another one, than again, and the last one knocked me out. I thought he killed me, but after the black screen, found myself alive laying on the ground. My 2H sword was on the ground to. He knocked it out of my hands. Maybe it was in earlier updates, but happened to me first time. Like it.
Ok, after I mentioned wat happened, there was another skeleton with halberd and killed me finally. But it was a nice experience, with such kind of "second chance".
Love this game.

konggary

You got me thinking about a potential threat to going unconscious: bleeding to death

I wonder if bleeding will be an aspect of the game. First off, it could help with balancing: give a bonus to slicing/stabbing weapons against unarmored opponents. Bleeding could slowly drain your stamina, or maybe falling unconscious while heavily bleeding could spell death. Think of tracking an enemy through the dungeon just based on their blood trail...

Gsprfdude

Only bad thing is that I got knocked unconscious by the big guy on level 4. He then gave me the grand slam while my character was waking up. 11/10

Knave

Only bad thing is that I got knocked unconscious by the big guy on level 4. He then gave me the grand slam while my character was waking up. 11/10
You probably gave him a good scare. Which kind of gives me an idea...

This could be part of the FUN. Think about what would happen if NPCs did that too. You're a knightly knight doing knightly things and suddenly some abomination you thought you had killed stands up again and catches you off guard while you're looting a chest or when you do some backtrack. It would add a lot of jumpscares to the first levels for sure.

Gsprfdude

You probably gave him a good scare. Which kind of gives me an idea...

This could be part of the FUN. Think about what would happen if NPCs did that too. You're a knightly knight doing knightly things and suddenly some abomination you thought you had killed stands up again and catches you off guard while you're looting a chest or when you do some backtrack. It would add a lot of jumpscares to the first levels for sure.
On that note, I thought it would be really cool that if the knight you killed for armor in the woods didn't actually die. So a day later when he makes it to town he tells the authorities and they lookout for someone wearing his armor.

Gsprfdude

So, we're just going to spend extra time now whacking "dead" bodies to make sure they're actually dead?
You don't have to kill them, this could actually enable you to be a technical pacifist. Would just make living life as a scoundrel more difficult for you.

ChavaiotH

Have a question. Why monsters in games never sleep?
I mean it's a cool idea to make some rooms with sleeping monsters. Exanima physics is perfect for that. All the stuff which fall down and make noise, when you offend make them wake up and kill you.

Have a question. Why monsters in games never sleep?
I mean it's a cool idea to make some rooms with sleeping monsters. Exanima physics is perfect for that. All the stuff which fall down and make noise, when you offend make them wake up and kill you.
So, kill your enemies, ethics or not included?

Smola1022

LOL some of you need to stop and think for a second: "why monsters don't sleep in this game?"

This isn't a disney movie where monsters get personified and act just like humans or other living things. Living things need sleep to stay alive. Non-living things do not need sleep. Maybe if evil humans appear later in the game, sleeping may be feasible. But skeletons and zombies? Why would they ever sleep??

ChavaiotH

Because of their AI. Maybe not sleep, rest. Every creature need to rest/sleep. It has nothing to do with disney movies or something, it's science.

Last edited:

Murf

Because of their AI. Maybe not sleep, rest. Every creature need to rest/sleep. It has nothing to do with disney movies or something, it's science.
Not really any science we know of that operates the lights or helm, lore states as much. Nothing talking about undead needing to rest either. They are undead, no rest for the wicked. Game lore doesn't take place in our world, we have no clue about their 'science'

ChavaiotH

Not really any science we know of that operates the lights or helm, lore states as much. Nothing talking about undead needing to rest either. They are undead, no rest for the wicked. Game lore doesn't take place in our world, we have no clue about their 'science'
For sure, but the idea is cool.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.