Kicking and the like

Elaxter

Insider
I'm thinking that kicking/pushing should be added. It would add a layer to the already complex combat system. Something like 'Q.' Something ranged based. If you're chest-to-chest with the enemy, your character would give a little shove. If your a little farther away, you'll give a good kick. Perhaps holding the kick/push button would "charge" the attack so it pushes harder and knocks the opponent off balance.

When you play a lot of arena it often happens that when both adversaries get too close to each other they clinch together and push each other appart often resulting in a stalemate. Sometimes one trips and falls granting the other an opening...Physics are fighting a whole 'nother game.

Marc

Insider
I'd like to see kicking implemented so I could kick doors open. This would beuseful in knocking down/away any undead that are sometimes blocking a door from being opened as they can't open it themselves. It could also be used against human opponents standing behind a door, it might not necessarily knock them down as they'd have better bearings than the undead but it could stun them or push them back if they aren't expecting it.

Last edited:

Ruusunpuna

Insider
I'm definitely in support of a kick/push/shield bash/punch. Something like that would change the "safe-zone" hugging into something very tense. Maybe have a bit of a stun-effect as a result, like when hit to the head, but would allow the attacker to follow up with a quick strike.

Orisoll

This is a good idea, especially considering that not every fight in the proper game is going to involve both parties being armed. Some sort of quick knockback move like a kick or shove would be useful in creating a window for escape when going up against more powerful opponents.

The fun part, is that kicking by itself would become a good technique, and could be balanced with risk over reward. If you try to do a straight kick, but miss, you would fall unbalanced. But if you connect, you would push back, stun or even trip your opponent. Kicking while fighting with a polearm or long axe could help in those ''Hug me'' times. When in the arena, some times my opponent get's a little too close. it would be nice if we could kick him or simply shove him back. And as it was said before, kicking doors would be awesome!

Last edited:

Octo

Insider
This is something I've been missing...I didn't know it had been confirmed..I hope you're right!
It would allow for interacting with the environment during combat too, kicking a chair at the opponent to trip him up for instance. Kicking into a wall in order to push yourself back might be an interesting technique for some odd situations.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.