Longsword guards and stances

Alterart

Welcome :)
It would be a great feature adding possibility to change guards / stances in long sword fighting. 3 - 4 positions should be enought. Changing by one or two keys and depends on mouse position. It also gives a chance to react on enemy movements and draw a quicker precise attack.

NachoDawg

Fret not, stances and actions are a part of the skill system that has not been implemented yet. For example, even though the skill system is not in yet, your character in Exanima knows "fencing" which lets you do blocking moves without a shield when you're not attacking, but in combat mode

Last edited:

Don Kanaille

Insider
... and I´d love to see murder strokes (grip the sword by the blade and bash with the hilt), but I admit this is rather unlikely :p

But seriously, swords would benefit from this, but also and especially weapons with asymetrical heads, like halberds, polehammers and battle axes. It is quite a difference if you strike with the axe blade, the hammer head or the spike/hook. Flipping weapons like this around would really be welcome. So far, the only game I am aware of which allows this is War of the Roses.

Nomad

... and I´d love to see murder strokes (grip the sword by the blade and bash with the hilt), but I admit this is rather unlikely :p

But seriously, swords would benefit from this, but also and especially weapons with asymetrical heads, like halberds, polehammers and battle axes. It is quite a difference if you strike with the axe blade, the hammer head or the spike/hook. Flipping weapons like this around would really be welcome. So far, the only game I am aware of which allows this is War of the Roses.
Half-swording and pommel strikes, yes. That would be awesome. Sacrifice reach for more armor damage and more precise piercing thrusts

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.