Momentum & Kinetic force...

Rev

Insider
Morning fellas,

The title implies I'm more clued up on this than I actually am, and if this has been posted before I apologise.

Will there be a sprint function in Sui Generis, not so much for long distance marathons in full plate, but more for short bursts to knock a target off balance?

And in relation to this, if you're charging someone and they parry and hit you with a counter blow, would the Sui Generis engine translate the extra force of you charging into their attack as extra damage?

Because if your lightly armoured and sprinting at someone who lunges with his spear... It's going to go through you like a hot knife through butter...

Once again, I apologise if this has already been answered.

turtleman

Running and knocking someone off their feet hey?
tackle feature anyone?
but seriously with these physics tackling a demon off a cliff just got that much more fun
(greetings to everyone its my first day here please be nice)

Scarecrow

Insider
Hey there guys!

I don't think there will be a sprint function in Sui Generis, or at least i don't think it's implemented yet. The combat system is heavily focused on realistic physics and collision, meaning that speed and weight is taken into account with every swing and blow of the weapon.

I seriously can't wait to throw myself off a bridge onto an elderly woman breaking necks and spines. As for sprinting/charging an opponent. We simply don't know. I'd guess the enemy would anticipate and punish you for it or something.

Rev

Insider
I'm not thinking like a rugby tackle... More just a shoulder barge or shield bash...

Brendan

Developer
In terms of momentum and impact it is a proper simulation yeah, the force of all impacts is based on the motion of both bodies, note that you can take damage from pretty much anything not just attacks. Running into a blow that doesn't in itself have a great deal of force, for example, does naturally cause more damage and could knock you down etc.

Although it's not implemented in our current revision of the AI, NPC's would previously do things like step out of the way and attempt predictive swings if you were running at them. You can actually see Porky doing this in our old 'combat explained' video.

Additional manoeuvres are something we'll look into eventually, they're just not a priority and the more exotic ones are probably unrealistic. Bashes could work though :)

Rev

Insider
In terms of momentum and impact it is a proper simulation yeah, the force of all impacts is based on the motion of both bodies, note that you can take damage from pretty much anything not just attacks. Running into a blow that doesn't in itself have a great deal of force, for example, does naturally cause more damage and could knock you down etc.

Although it's not implemented in our current revision of the AI, NPC's would previously do things like step out of the way and attempt predictive swings if you were running at them. You can actually see Porky doing this in our old 'combat explained' video.

Additional manoeuvres are something we'll look into eventually, they're just not a priority and the more exotic ones are probably unrealistic. Bashes could work though :)
Awesome... Thanks for reply :)

666jet

Insider
Will the character be able to jump? Because you could just sprint and jump at someone with funny outcomes

turtleman155

Insider
but jumping and tackling people would be awesome fun
or maybe just a certain key press that rag-dolls your character that could be very fun

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.