Multi-monitor / Nvidia Surround / Amd Eyefinity / 21:9 - Support

Spoonie

Insider
Hi,

I use a native resolution of 5760x1080 and I love playing all games across 3 monitors - the immersion is unparalleled, so I was wondering whether you guys had this support in mind? Games of this nature especially look great: Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Grim dawn etc. Hopefully it's something that you can look at!

cheers

Spoonie

Parco

i never liked stretching the image over multiple monitors, the edges on the screens kinda gets in the way :p
what im gonna save up for is a projector, making my whole wall a huge screen :D
but still, +1 to your question

Empire²

Insider
Same here, I'm running dual monitors with 3840x1080, and would love to either stretch it across, OR, alternatively, have things like my quest log, inventory and all other pop-up menus locked on one screen.

Komuflage

Insider
i never liked stretching the image over multiple monitors, the edges on the screens kinda gets in the way :p
what im gonna save up for is a projector, making my whole wall a huge screen :D
but still, +1 to your question
That's what's nice with eyefinity, since it doesn't really stretch the "image" rather it expands on it.

"Expanded"

"Streched"

Parco

well, i have only 2 screens at the moment so the middle of the image will be between the screens XD
but i must say the stretched image seems nice, will be easy to snipe/spot snipers :p

Tony

Insider
well, i have only 2 screens at the moment so the middle of the image will be between the screens XD
but i must say the stretched image seems nice, will be easy to snipe/spot snipers :p
Hmm I think the expanded image looks nice while the stretched image looks horrible :p

Fallenhein

I hope that the Ui doesn't get messed up when i use it in my 21:9 monitor because in other games the UI tends to get all messy and things start overlapping.

Fawz

Insider
I hope that the Ui doesn't get messed up when i use it in my 21:9 monitor because in other games the UI tends to get all messy and things start overlapping.
Optimizing the game for those kind of niche set-ups is part of the Alpha/Beta stages. So long as people with especially large monitors report the issues they're getting, the Devs should be able to address it. BM is a small dev team with limited resources so they probably haven't been able to test how the game is handled with various hardware set-ups in different situations, so expect there to be compatibility issues at first.

Fallenhein

Optimizing the game for those kind of niche set-ups is part of the Alpha/Beta stages. So long as people with especially large monitors report the issues they're getting, the Devs should be able to address it.
Great if i get alpha access (cant at this point) i will have chance of trying my monitor in it. Hopefully it wont be like Dota 2 where the items are covered by the main bar and i cannot see what i'm buying its really annoying and it has never been fixed i had to rely in a command to remove the UI in order to fix it.

Fawz

Insider
Great if i get alpha access (cant at this point) i will have chance of trying my monitor in it. Hopefully it wont be like Dota 2 where the items are covered by the main bar and i cannot see what i'm buying its really annoying and it has never been fixed i had to rely in a command to remove the UI in order to fix it.
DOTA 2 takes that UI approach not because they're lazy or because it's a bug, but due to the fact that the game is designed for eSport tournament play. No matter the hardware set-up, no player should have an advantage over another player by being able to see more (which is why they have such an ugly zoom out limit) or have the UI take less screen space.

Thankfully that will most probably not be a concern with Sui Generis so I don't expect the Devs to put extreme restricting limitations to enforce everyone to play on an even playing field.

Komuflage

Insider
What about just adding the option to customize the UI ourself?
In arma you can move around each UI "component" to you liking, and just that option should help a lot to prevent overlapping on unusual set ups.

Fawz

Insider
What about just adding the option to customize the UI ourself?
In arma you can move around each UI "component" to you liking, and just that option should help a lot to prevent overlapping on unusual set ups.
The game already looks to take a very minimalist UI approach (in the videos we only ever see the health/energy bars and the inventory panels) so I don't think it would be too much of a concern or distraction if you can't have full control over the UI. It would be nice to be able to customize the UI to a point though, but I can already imagine there would be certain technical limitations. I would like the ability to have the health/energy bars fade away when they're not used (ie: go invisible when not in combat)

So far pretty much the only UI window we've seen is the inventory/loot windows. We already saw that they can be moved around freely, but since they use character and item models that are rendered from the actual models it might not be so simple to allow instant resizing of the UI window. There was also the hover window with text description that appeared when mousing over equipable items, which shouldn't be too much trouble to allow to be resized.

Last edited:

Komuflage

Insider
The game already looks to take a very minimalist UI approach (in the videos we only ever see the health/energy bars and the inventory panels) so I don't think it would be too much of a concern or distraction if you can't have full control over the UI. It would be nice to be able to customize the UI to a point though, but I can already imagine there would be certain technical limitations. I would like the ability to have the health/energy bars fade away when they're not used (ie: go invisible when not in combat)

So far pretty much the only UI window we've seen is the inventory/loot windows. We already saw they can be moved around freely, but since they use character and item models that are rendered from the actual models it might not be so simple to allow instant resizing of the UI window. There was also the hover window with text description that appeared when mousing over equipable items, which shouldn't be too much trouble to allow to be resized.
Even with "just" a HP and Focus bar, the issue of overlapping might occur, simply being able to move then around could fix that, and I guess something like that would not take much time at all to ad? However, I see your point on resizing the UI.

Fawz

Insider
Even with "just" a HP and Focus bar, the issue of overlapping might occur, simply being able to move then around could fix that, and I guess something like that would not take much time at all to ad? However, I see your point on resizing the UI.
Yeah thinking about it some more I would very much like the ability to move the HP/Stamina and the Energy UI bars around. They are essentially 2D art overlayed on top of everything so I don't think it should all that complicated to let people resize, flip and move them around.

Thinking back on when I play fighting games, like Killer Instinct, I like to keep my HP and resource meter bars in a specific place so they're just within my peripheral vision but don't obstruct the view of the action. If able I would probably flip the Sui Generis bars to a vertical position and place one in each of the top corners.

I could also be really great if people could mod the UI bars to maintain the exact same functionality but have a different graphical overlay style, but I guess that's another topic of discussion...

Madoc

Project Lead
The UI looks and works brilliantly @ 5760 x 1080 right now
I'm assuming that's a multiple monitor setup? Everything works as expected? I wouldn't expect any problems with the UI but perhaps with input and rendering. We haven't tested anything like this yet, I know there are potential issues with standard windows multiple monitor setups and the way certain cursor inputs are handled.

A note about the UI, it is currently possible to shrink the UI from 1080p upwards by adding GUISize = -1 to the ini file, I wouldn't recommend it though.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.