Overhead swings: are they what they are all cracked up to be ?

Not at all, 2 handed have better range obviously, but it is possible that 1 handed sword could be more fluid on account of it weighing less. I think I have used the 2handed sword only a hand full of times, I am really a sword and shield user in almost every melee game. This game really requires your to take into account alot of things; Your type of weapon, your opponent's weapon, lighting is very important, distance between you and your opponent, your armor, and soon your enemies skills. There are more things but already we can see that alot of gameplay mechanics that may seem simple are actually important.
I think the range might come from the fact that while using a one handed weapon, your character can fully extend their arm and stumble forward a bit. but the two-handed sword seems to have most range of all.

Elaxter

Insider
I think the range might come from the fact that while using a one handed weapon, your character can fully extend their arm and stumble forward a bit. but the two-handed sword seems to have most range of all.

There is no doubt that the two-handed have more range. They are two-handed after all. They are built longer because they are meant to be carried in two hands.

-Tim-

Insider
It's probably good to add here that it was recently discovered that there is indeed a rather severe bug that causes delay when starting an overhead attack just after a block animation. This has been fixed in the current Beta version, making the overhead much more reliable.
How do you swing that fast? As in, how do you combo so quickly?
The key lies in knowing when to let go of LMB and when to start the next swing. By using the feint mechanic well you can mix up your move set nicely.
From the video description:
The best way to perform combo attacks to my knowledge:
1. Let go of the attack button right before the 'end' of a swing,
2. At the point the swing reaches its 'end', start a new swing,
3. You can keep repeating this to perform a flurry of blows.

Swings can include both horizontal swings and overhead swings. If you time this right, you can even keep the combo going after your swing is blocked or you score a hit. To do this, let go of LMB right before your weapon makes contact, and immediately click LMB again to start a new swing and keep the combo going.

And as with everything in this game, (lots of) practice makes perfect.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.