Praise for EXANIMA

Oona

Insider
I almost can't believe that Exanima has 10 more levels to be included. :eek:

It's already so detailed, beautiful, immersive, rich in story -which is so fucking strange because there aren't even any npcs to interact with, or dialogues.

It's so immersive, it's one of those games you can't play in one sitting cause there's so much to take in.

The level design is exquisite, the way everything works feels so life-like even though it gets increasingly more otherworldly as we progress I still feel like I'm exploring and interacting in a real, lived-in space. Which is pretty amazing. The people at BM are masters at what they are doing, I can imagine them stitching it all together so delicately and carefully. Such perfectionism! I hope this eye for excellence won't end up in sabotage!

It's excellent in ALL aspects. The music is glorious. Honestly there is nothing I can find to criticize it, only that the more I play the more hungry I become to see more of the world they've created. Everything in Exanima says "there's more to see, come here, see this, surprise!" on repeat. It's seductive.

I thought Exanima would be a sneak peak of Exanima, but it turns out there are so many features to come. But even as it is, it's captivating. I'm in awe.

What an interesting, frightening, beautiful world to explore. Thanks BM. :cool:

The Witcher

Supporter
so true its like when i tried to play witcher 3 in one run i couldnt hold all the imersion and took a 2 hour brake other than that the game is amazing at the moment and Sir is the only boss in a game that made me barricade a whole room with chairs

Tyon

Exanima in it's current state is amazing, and it's really exciting to think about just how amazing it will be once it's completely finished. This game has so much potential, and the devs know a lot about what they're doing and will most likely not fuck it up, I dare say this might be one of the best games to ever come out of Early Access.

The Witcher

Supporter
Exanima in it's current state is amazing, and it's really exciting to think about just how amazing it will be once it's completely finished. This game has so much potential, and the devs know a lot about what they're doing and will most likely not fuck it up, I dare say this might be one of the best games to ever come out of Early Access.
true so true

SyllaBear

Yes. Still i want more randomness and customization.

Edit:

I should have wrote some more words.
Yes, i share everything you said. This confirms it:

Even with the small content we have, it hooked me pretty well.

"(...)only that the more I play the more hungry I become to see more of the world they've created."
I share this too.
Thats what i meant with more randomless. Even when we saw a tiny part of the game, randomness, items, monsters, locations etc. will help a lot to dont get tired of it. I am telling it because i played games where you had to repeat stuff, but a little of random helped me a lot to dont get bored of it.
With customization i meant more cosmetics and such. Whatever thing will do, colours, adds to armor, or maybe character too will help you to get unique. Thats something that some players like me loves. More treasures maybe too!

Last edited:

Murf

That was not necc, lets try to keep it civil please, if you could delete your post it would be appreciated.

SyllaBear

That was not necc, lets try to keep it civil please, if you could delete your post it would be appreciated.
Me???

Oh i had him blocked, didnt see the insult...
He is throwing random agresion along the forums. Wont click his message once again.

Last edited:

Qazlal

Hello, i guess this thread is exactly what i am looking for.
Exanima - one from most interesting and progressive games I've played over the last few years. I want to say thank BM for their work.

I want to share a song I've been working on for nearly a year and stiill unfinished(v0.6.3.7 mainly due to my lack of engineering skills and crappy voice) that I have to dedicate to the sorcerers at Bare Mettle. Words cannot express my appreciation for what Bare Mettle is trying to accomplish by creating something that is literally being presented from the soul. True integrity of art. Uncompromising. I feel an empathy for these true artists and am compelled to share my similar vision. While Exanima wasn't the initial driving force behind the song, it has unarguably been a parallel inspiration in my quest to invoke from my own energetic arrangement, an uncompromising expression of the soul. I hope is not obnoxious to post my music here but I wholeheartedly dedicate this to all who are working on and playing this game Thanks for listening! https://soundcloud.com/incantation-kids/uthereal-revealed

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.