Probably unimportant hardware issue, but...

Qazlal

Hello, I want to report a strange thing: every time I go the manager screen or any other screen like I uploaded - my rig starts to make noise - a whistling sound, it's hard drive or video card, I can't say exactly.
The noise is hapenning every time I go those screens and only in Exanima.

Nothing serious is going but noise, so I report it just in case.

Attachments

zhuliks

Insider
Hello, I want to report a strange thing: every time I go the manager screen or any other screen like I uploaded - my rig starts to make noise - a whistling sound, it's hard drive or video card, I can't say exactly.
The noise is hapenning every time I go those screens and only in Exanima.

Nothing serious is going but noise, so I report it just in case.
Its called coil whine either on motherboard or video card and you cant do anything about it. Well, maybe try playing without vsync, but thats about it.

Madoc

Project Lead
If it's happening just in the character screens it's probably due to high framerates. Limiting the framerate might well fix it. You can do this by adding the following line to %appdata%\Exanima\Exanima.ini (paste this into Windows search):

FPSLimit = 60

Replacing 60 with whatever you want to limit the framerate to, of course.

LoftyOG

I had this issue, I knew my GPU had coil whine but it was just extremely bad in Exanima for some reason. I also limited my framerate (to 144) but disabling super sampling had the most impact for me. You could also try enabling V-Sync.

Vold

Insider
I recently got an Nvidia GTX 970 which makes noise mainly in the character's screen, but also in some areas of the campaign map. Limiting the FPS like madoc said reduces significantly the noise when in the character's screen.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.