Question - Exanima

Happy with Exanima?

• It is "meh-like", hope SG will be better.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

julbar25

Hello there, Im trying to decide to buy Exanima or not.

Just some questions:
Does Exanima is going to be bigger, more playable game in future, or its just a demo, option do give some money to devs to make SG?
I mean, fighting on arena looks fun, but it could get boring.
Story mode (that one with walking around dungeon with a torch) looks cool, but it is going to be expanded in future?

Just want to play fun game, Exanima looks like a fun game, but it could get boring after 20-30 hours of playing.

If someone already bought a game, please say:
How long you already played?
Do you feel bored with this game already?
Does this game is frustrating?

Sorry for english.
Thanks for all answers.

Last edited:

Tony

Insider
@julbar25

Currently Exanima has 5 out 14 levels (the remaining 9 are still being worked on). Exanima is a full game, not a demo; it is the prelude to Sui Generis and takes place 20 years prior.

I've been playing Exanima for over two years now (every alpha/beta version) and I have spent roughly 2,500 hours playing the game. I do not feel bored with the game since it is constantly expanding and being updated. Plus the physics and motion synthesis make it so every single fight plays out in a unique way. The combat is very dynamic and there's just so much you can do that even after playing thousands of hours I'm still learning new things and having fun.

Yes, the game can be frustrating at first while you're learning the basics since it is a very complex game; it can take several days to get past the learning curve. However, if you're patient and stick with it then I believe it's one of the most innovative, unique and enjoyable games released in the past 20 years. I highly recommend you give it a chance if you don't mind putting forth the effort to get past the learning curve. You won't start off destroying everything in your path -- randomly mashing buttons will lead to a quick death. It is a game that requires careful thought and consideration before acting.

Qazlal

How long you already played?
Do you feel bored with this game already?
Does this game is frustrating?
Hello, I've played in Exanima about 200-300 hours.
I don't feel bored by the game.
Exanima is not frustrating for me.

Also I agree with Tony's post above, that the game has its own unique and interesting mechanics that work very well. I strongly recommend Exanima to try.

Bob Gnarly

I bought it over the weekend too and I'm loving it. Probably put 20+ hours into the Arena alone and still haven't touched the story. The combat is challenging at first, but once you start getting the hang of the mechanics, becomes very addictive. I'm looking forward to tackling the story next weekend when i have time.

But for $15, this game is an absolute gem, well worth the small price. I'm also a fan of supporting indie devs like this who are bringing new ideas to the table.

16iclark

My steam account says that I have played Examina for 166 hours, and of all those hours I would say I spent half the time prowling through story mode killing undead and half the time slaying foes in the arena, and I am far from bored with this game! I swear, for me, there's never a dull moment. And as stated before, this game is DEFINITELY worth the money, no doubt about it. I just can't wait for Sui Generis to come out! But all in all, Examina was definitely a good investment.

julbar25

Well, you guys conviced me, going to buy Exanima soon.
In my opinion, as I watch Exanima videos, Exanima could have something other the only fighitng, because at now all game is about fighting, or walking. This game could have some mysteries, or anything other then walking and fighting.

Oh, and when devs will add a magic, Id love to see locked like locked tunnels, by a pile of wood, and to be unlocked you need to go somewhere else and find fireball scroll (or something like that) to burn blocking wood.
Many games have thing like that and its fun.

Topic can be closed.

Tyon

There is more to the story mode than just fighting, the levels are designed in a particular way to create a natural environment and also tell a story, there are also lots of pieces of lore such as scrolls and books which give a very fleshed out backstory to the dungeon. Also, there will be NPC interactions in the future.

MindSliver

My only regret with my purchase of Exanima was that I discovered it too late to throw down for Sui Generis. This is mitigated though, knowing that when SG does come out, the money I spend on it will be worth every penny and be going to devs that deserve it.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.