Questions

Temp

If this has been asked, I do apologize!

Will Exanima be getting some form of extension in terms of levels and such or is the end of this precisely where the next game picks up? (I'm positive that I've missed 80% of the story material in the game as I have no idea what's going on right this sec.)

Did I miss thrusting/stabbing? The video for Sui Generis has the player stabbing what I assume is a villager / raider with a pitchfork. Will this just be a function bound to specific weaponry, or?

ZaratanCho

Insider
Stabbing is not added yet but it will be. The current story content is around 20% of the planned content i think. So a lot more to come and a lot more interesting and non linear environments. And Exanima is happening something like 20 years before SG.

Also the way you transition through levels now is placeholder.

comham

Supporter
I'm looking forward to stabbing with a sword/dagger combo, seems like it would work pretty well with combat right now.

I'm looking forward to stabbing with a sword/dagger combo, seems like it would work pretty well with combat right now.
How's that going to work? Low blocking potential, your character is already quite incapable with just 1 sword, and whats the dagger going to do? I do see two handed weaponry, but that seems to be more of two weapons of similar design(rusty sword with normal sword) or the same dual weilded

OddSpierce

How's that going to work? Low blocking potential, your character is already quite incapable with just 1 sword, and whats the dagger going to do?
In order of the points brought up:

1) It looks awesome (Not one of your points, but it needed saying)

2) The dagger (if dual wielding is implemented the right way) would be great for quick thrusts when you're on top of your opponent, since the sword is effectively useless at that range.

3) If you're dual wielding you aren't worried about blocking. You may parry on your way into the strike sometimes, but mostly you want to be the first strike; with your second weapon coming in right behind so you may continue the onslaught before they can retaliate.

Also, why is the character incapable with just a sword? I only play the game just wielding a sword, occasionally with a torch in the off hand. It's a different way of playing, sure. But I don't find dodging any more difficult than blocking with a shield, especially with Exanima's combat movement system.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Blocking(not dodging) is definitely harder with just a one handed sword but you can indeed block most attacks its just not as easy or as reliable as larger weapons. I definitely wouldn't call it "quite incapable".

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.