Random question about in game physics props and movement

Hello there, I Have a question that isnt overly important just wondering in the pre alpha game play of sui generis.

When the player trips over the chair (5:21) and when they are placing weapons on the bench (5:40) it is shown that they can move the objects with there mouse cursor and also rotate them, what I want to know is can this be done in Exanima? or will it be in sui generis? I am just asking as I think it is a nice feature for when you are decorating your home or if you just happen to have OCD like me and want things to be neat.

Another unrelated question, when you are moving your character around when not in combat do you have to use the mouse as shown in the game play or can you still use the WASD keys?

Parco

yes, picking up items and small objects with mouse can be done in exanima.
moving with WASD have been added to exanima as well, so you can move around and still use the mouse to interact with envoirement and inventory

Faelivrin

Insider
The placing mechanism for small objects is exactly the same on ExAnima. And if i understood correctly there is another system on the work that involves dragging on pure physics mode for bigger objects.

burgzaza

Insider
Yeah, You can already "claim" a room that you like in Exanima and decorate it exactly how you want with all the movable objects :p
The only thing that is not really working for now is the tiny objects like glasses and bottles, they don't really stands up, maybe they would just need more weight or a larger collision base.

For the rest it's so well done that I managed to make an armor with a bucket, a broken crate and a chair, and actually combat with this on my character x)
It did not ended well though.

For the rest it's so well done that I managed to make an armor with a bucket, a broken crate and a chair, and actually combat with this on my character x)
It did not ended well though.
so wait you can drag parts and make them rest on your character? if so that is awesome

This makes me wonder is it possible to make improvised traps this way?
EG. a door with a box sat on so when an enemy opens it it falls on them
or maby some form of barrel on a ramp that you can roll it onto enemies

Parco

setting a box on a door will be hard in exanima since you cant place items much higher than the roof, in a more open environment it might be possible, unless a height placement restriction is set there too.
you can build ground traps that hinders movement, but its harder to make falling traps because its not easy to balance stuff on top of each other, but not impossible.

Tony

Insider
This makes me wonder is it possible to make improvised traps this way?
EG. a door with a box sat on so when an enemy opens it it falls on them
or maby some form of barrel on a ramp that you can roll it onto enemies
Yes, you may do whatever you wish. Block doors with objects, attempt to trip people with objects, etc. Currently this is only limited by lack of content. Once more diverse objects and environments are added then you will be able to do even more.

Edit: yes, as Parco mentioned in Exanima you're playing in indoor environments and you can't place things too high or they hit the "roof" of the level. There is also a limit to how far you can drag an object away from your character before it resets so you can't place things an infinite distance away. Another limitation is that blocking an enemy's line of site (by dropping a bucket on their head for example) does not hinder their vision. I'm not sure if this is likely to change or not.

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.