Reaction to magic

Oona

Insider
I'm curious what the npcs reaction will be if you perform magic in a town. Will it be approved and even cheered for, or is it's public use frowned upon?

I think it depends on the lore of the game. Depending on how advanced NPCs are, the effects could be quite complicated. For instance, reaction to magic could change based on location. So, if you were in a village where a mage had just killed the village elder and burnt the great hall with magical fire, the villagers might be suspicious.

Also, I'd be interested to hear what uses thaumaturgy might have in a settlement. In other words, why would you be using magic? Are there any practical uses for magic in a village?

Oona

Insider
Like always, use it for

Good = Good Reaction
Bad = Bad Reaction
That's not true. Women in the past and also today who are accused of witchcraft, usually use their knowledge to heal people, but they are still abused and burned alive because people can't explain what they do and are afraid of the unknown.

I'm curious what the npcs reaction will be if you perform magic in a town. Will it be approved and even cheered for, or is it's public use frowned upon?
If there aren't any practical uses for magic in a settled area (other than combat), then why are you performing magic? Is your question, what happens if you go around with your magical hands "unsheathed" like in Skyrim?
I'm trying to better understand what you mean.

Oona

Insider
If there aren't any practical uses for magic in a settled area (other than combat), then why are you performing magic? Is your question, what happens if you go around with your magical hands "unsheathed" like in Skyrim?
I'm trying to better understand what you mean.
Maybe pushing things with the 'force' or making a fire. Not necessarily hurting other people, just fooling around with it. In Skyrim the attitude was "it's fine that you are a mage, just don't burn anything." I want to know what's the attitude towards magic in Sui.

calithlin

Insider
I think anything not blatantly benevolent will probably be seen as dangerous or unwanted. I think the people of Sui Generis know enough about magic from the Thaumaturges, or tales of them, but anything that doesn't directly benefit someone greatly like healing etc, I would expect would cause the ire or fear of average citizens.
More enlightened NPCs might not mind as much, but I expect at least some mild form of surprise or shock in general from any unwarranted use of magic.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.