Replayability and "new factor"

Conan

Insider
I have a question regarding the world in the game. I love in Diablo that the world is somewhat randomized so you never know exactly where some special character or device is once you play again or which monsters wait for you.
Do you plan to integrate something like this, so that even starting the game again you don't immediately know that for example you have to head north because there is a gang of bandits which you can kill to get something special but instead they could be anywhere or it could even happen at a totally different time?
Maybe objects could be in different locations, even if they were in the same house at some time.

Tony

Insider
They've stated that there will be world progression that takes place regardless of whether or not you're a part of it, so each time you play the game events will not be the same. So many things impact other things that it's sort of like a chain-reaction. Choice and consequence at it's finest :)

Conan

Insider
I know that the game progresses even if I don't do anything but I think it is a difference if I restart completely with a fresh character. The world has to be in some initialized state and my question is regarding this initial state, whether it is fixed or randomized.

Tony

Insider
I know that the game progresses even if I don't do anything but I think it is a difference if I restart completely with a fresh character. The world has to be in some initialized state and my question is regarding this initial state, whether it is fixed or randomized.
Well, I'm assuming there are only so many things they can ranomize as far as world building goes without breaking the game. If they setup an NPC to ask you to go into a cave and fetch something for him, yet no cave exists, then this might be a little problematic, no? I'm fairly certain that the starting state of the game will be fixed, but you do have the option to load into a world that has already progressed with a previous character.

scurra

Insider
Due to the fact that this game is being made with an editor I think we can safely assume It will be static at least in its initial physical state(unless they divide the world into blocks that can be made of say 20 different areas each game chosen the possible 100 they have). However, they could implement different factions and Npcs that are randomly assigned areas of influence. Such as one town belonging to empire A and being really friendly and in the next game being a free city and so being more suspicious of armor-clad strangers

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.