So on the subject of voice acting...

Elaxter

Insider
Now you mentioned Skyrim there is a mod that adds a lot of charm to it: it includes procedurally generated quests that go on their own (and expire) and random adventurers who take on said quests and MAY finish them before you do. It would be fun if you went on some good old headhunting and found that someone else is about to take your prize. What would you do? Up to you.

What is the mod?

XxBoDxX

Insider
So I have heard a little bit on both ends about whether or not Sui Generis will be voiced. I very much hope that it will be. I myself am an actual professional sound engineer, and have been trying to get in contact with BareMettle to offer my services, but so far haven't heard anything back.

The main argument I've heard against it is that the devs think it would be too expensive. But I am entirely willing to offer professional services with no agreed upon monetary compensation, which leads me to believe if they put the word out there, they could have a DOZEN people like myself willing to contribute, just to make the game that much deeper.

What do you guys think? Are you into the idea of fully voiced characters, or has everyone decided they are more into the text-based dialogue system?
oooh oooh ooh! If you want someone to help with voices in down. havent had much experience with this though. Would be cool to put on a resume hahaha!

Fawz

Insider
As others have mentioned, having fully voiced dialogue for any character would be time consumer, cost resources and limit dialogue options (ie: Harder to edit, add or have loads of variants).

However I think it would be very cool to have minimal voice acting, at least for major characters. Things like grunts or one liners that fit the mood of the text. So for example when you start dialogue that character says a short quip like "Hey there" just to help set the mood and give more identity to the character. Hopefully that limited level of voice acting will be possible :)

XxBoDxX

Insider
As others have mentioned, having fully voiced dialogue for any character would be time consumer, cost resources and limit dialogue options (ie: Harder to edit, add or have loads of variants).

However I think it would be very cool to have minimal voice acting, at least for major characters. Things like grunts or one liners that fit the mood of the text. So for example when you start dialogue that character says a short quip like "Hey there" just to help set the mood and give more identity to the character. Hopefully that limited level of voice acting will be possible :)
Yeah I would rather it be this way too. I think having games fully voiced take away from the experience of not done right.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.