Spam in general discussions

Gong

Three new posts advertising steroids or some s*** like that. All posts are written by different people. Who's idea was this?

zhuliks

Insider
its asian spammers, they manually register so bot filter cant help. Why did they choose this place to do it however is completely unknown and makes no sense.

Parco

someone probably clicking on the links they earn a couple of cents or something. if they are from one of the countries where a dollar is what they get from a normal day work then this forum might seem like a gold mine for them.

zhuliks

Insider
someone probably clicking on the links they earn a couple of cents or something. if they are from one of the countries where a dollar is what they get from a normal day work then this forum might seem like a gold mine for them.
but its like gathering beer bottles in the park to sell where benches are made of solid gold and noone is guarding em. There are a lot bigger places with lot more idiots to click the links and less time and hassle to register.

Parco

but its like gathering beer bottles in the park to sell where benches are made of solid gold and noone is guarding em. There are a lot bigger places with lot more idiots to click the links and less time and hassle to register.
yea dunno why they are so persistent to spam this forum, maybe those bigger forums got more active/more mods so those posts get noticed and removed immediately, here the posts might stay up to a few hours if they manages to post while the ones with mod powers are away, so there are probably more potential link clickers here than those bigger places.
i wonder, do they use proxys? if not then maybe ip bans is whats needed to stop them (if thats not whats already being done)

Chase

Insider
I feel like this could probably be solved by disallowing links in a user's first post, suspending the account if they try more than once. Users could be warned of this rule when they make the account but spammers would probably ignore it and get banned. Although I do believe that some of the spam posts don't even contain links, and are entirely unintelligible gibberish.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.