Streamin on Beam

Murf

Resolution was same as source 1920x1080 and bitrate I used Beams recommended 2000. Had it at 3500 initially, but a couple ppl said it was 'jumpy'

just now noticed had max fps set to 40, bumped it up in OBS to 60fps, we'll see how that affects what I get while streaming. Last time I think it was showing right around 30-40, when i stopped streaming it went up too around 100 or so.

Murf

Yes thanks to everyone that joined the stream, had a fun 2.5 hours for sure :) Made to level 3! then died, but still had a blast, got to meet some new people and had a few of the dev's stop by and watch and chat. Was a great time, I'll prob do it again tomorrow sometime. Gotta see if I can get back to level 3 ya know. :)

Thanks again everyone!

Murf

Ok, got about 30 min or so, see how far I can get.

https://beam.pro/Murf

(Yeah finally changed my name on here, previous name I was using back when I signed up on the site, have since changed to this name, just never had it changed here. Thanks Brendan!)

Faelivrin

Insider
Yesterday when Madoc came by he shared with us some interesting stats about how the game is going on greenlight... and the numbers were certainly impressive just a couple of hours after the release! When we stated our surprise that some peeps downvoted it, his answer was "ikr" tehehe

Anyways, i asked him if it was possible for us the users to access on some way to those stats in order to know the progress, unluckily it's for devs only to know. But today i found out something interesting, it's actually possible to know how many positive votes the game have:
  • Mark the game as favorite.
  • Go to your activity zone.
  • Profit!

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Insider
Damn, i missed the stream as well. Curse you time differences!

Glad to see that Exanima is doing good so far on the greenlight though. Cant wait to see it hit early access.

burgzaza

Insider
Cool article !
Just after the beta's release, I've sent a message to one of the last gaming paper french magazines ( independants ), Canard PC.
Could be great if they talk a bit about it while we can still vote on greenlight.

tiny lampe

Insider
if it continues like this i have no doubt it will hit the front page on steam.
there is even an article about it:
http://www.loadthegame.com/2015/03/24/steam-greenlight-spotlight-exanima/
I liked the article but this part made my laugh:

"I am a huge fan of games like Dark Souls where understanding momentum and physics is crucial to defeating some of the more difficult bosses in the game, so I am hoping to see something similar with Exanima"

Momentum and physics...in Dark Souls. Was that an option and I've unknowingly had it turned off all this time?

Tony

Insider

"I am a huge fan of games like Dark Souls where understanding momentum and physics is crucial to defeating some of the more difficult bosses in the game, so I am hoping to see something similar with Exanima"

Momentum and physics...in Dark Souls. Was that an option and I've unknowingly had it turned off all this time?
Yeah, that part made me scratch my head too. I don't think people quite understand what combat in Exanima/SG is like until they actually play it. Most games use physics for visuals only and not base their entire combat system around it. I think it's hard for people to grasp just how crucial of a role physics play in the game.

Ragdolling corpses getting intertwined with your legs as you walk over them is Dark Souls physics :p

tiny lampe

Insider
Yeah, that part made me scratch my head too. I don't think people quite understand what combat in Exanima/SG is like until they actually play it. Most games use physics for visuals only and not base their entire combat system around it. I think it's hard for people to grasp just how crucial of a role physics play in the game.
I'd go even further and say that even after having played it for a while, people still don't understand how to take advantage of physics. That's of course not their fault, mainly because not many games that rely on them and because there is no tutorial illustrating how to do the physics.

While we agreed that the tutorial is needed I would argue that, for promotional reasons, I'd be good to have a gameplay video (official or otherwise) while the use of physics is clearly illustrated. People need to know that when you are swinging your weapon, the crosshair is NOT for aiming but to generate momentum. The video below shows it very well:

Notice how the crosshair starts slightly to the right of the opponent but, as soon as the swing starts, the crosshair is moved way to the left? The distance between where the opponent is and where the crosshair ends up makes the swing much more powerful (and makes it result into a knock down). People need to know that this is possible.

Edit: small clarification: the video I posted is not mine. I can't remember who made though...

Last edited:

Suggett66

Insider
I'd go even further and say that even after having played it for a while, people still don't understand how to take advantage of physics. That's of course not their fault, mainly because not many games that rely on them and because there is no tutorial illustrating how to do the physics.

While we agreed that the tutorial is needed I would argue that, for promotional reasons, I'd be good to have a gameplay video (official or otherwise) while the use of physics is clearly illustrated. People need to know that when you are swinging your weapon, the crosshair is NOT for aiming but to generate momentum. The video below shows it very well:

Notice how the crosshair starts slightly to the right of the opponent but, as soon as the swing starts, the crosshair is moved way to the left? The distance between where the opponent is and where the crosshair ends up makes the swing much more powerful (and makes it result into a knock down). People need to know that this is possible.
I understand what you mean in the video and you're kind of right when you move your mouse further, however the key to using the physics is momentum, which means starting from the right and moving with your swing to add force to it. What you mistook for momentum in your video, was that you just pushed him over as you simply kept the enemy on the tip of your weapon and you pushed after your strike made contact. But good kill ;).

burgzaza

Insider
Both are indeed features that Exanima will have some trouble to truly represent for the people that haven't played.

Momentum, witch is about the weight and speed influencing balance during a movement. During a strike we want it to hit right when we have the most speed and at the perfect distance, to maximise damages and eventually make the opponent fall. Can be very tricky to show in a video if the viewver isn't aware of precisely what it is and implies, I agree.
And, what is called in the game Chivalry : Medieval Warfare as "drag" is speed up/slow down a hit during it's motion, to,
-in the first case : hit first / do more damage ( on Exanima :p ),
-in the second case : kinda trick the opponent making him parry earlier (doesn't apply in Exanima, parries are auto)
-eventually more types of drag that could happen in Exanima ( like the parco's 360° hit video )

Of course combining both is very powerful, and feels great ^^

We have pirated your thread Murf, sorry x)
too late for the stream :/

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.