[Suggestion] Skills for prone position.

zhuliks

Insider
However good you play there will come a time you will be hugging floor while enemies are all around.

So I thought after watching some arena videos wouldnt it be nice to have a combat skill to roll sideways or hold mouse button to block overheads while prone (and roll on your back before blocking if facedown). You would be unable to stand up while blocking.

Obviously it would be too much to have by default as all enemies would do it too. But as a skill it could be fun, just like in the movies (I know its a bad comparison for a game that tries to imitate realism, while movies do the opposite, but consider fun and spectacular part)

Iscandar

Definitely, this is a good idea. I'd like to be able to side roll or crawl forwards or backwards. First, getting stuck under tables is funny although real people would try to crawl, not just fish flop until they get out. Second, blocking while on the ground is good since it forces the attacker to wait until the defender lowers their guard by trying get up before a swing can be landed, or forces the attacker to aim for the feet and lower torso for lower damage. That's a valuable and meaningful layer of defense for the person who invests in that skill. It's also another factor that the attacker has to consider, making the game more difficult and nothing automatically assured. Third, rolling also helps avoiding getting stuck, and at the right angle, could be used to dodge a slow or short attack. So long as rolling is a bit slow, it would still have to be timed properly and be very situational based on the weapon type. It would be easier to roll out of the way to dodge an axe, or roll into the person to avoid the axe head, than it would be to roll away from a two handed sword.

Murf

Obviously it would be too much to have by default as all enemies would do it too. But as a skill it could be fun, just like in the movies (I know its a bad comparison for a game that tries to imitate realism, while movies do the opposite, but consider fun and spectacular part)
Even if it was not default, enemies would have it as well, they have access to whatever we have access to.

RobG

Insider
However good you play there will come a time you will be hugging floor while enemies are all around.

So I thought after watching some arena videos wouldnt it be nice to have a combat skill to roll sideways or hold mouse button to block overheads while prone (and roll on your back before blocking if facedown). You would be unable to stand up while blocking.

I asked for something similar quite a while back (sausage rolls thread) I seem to remember Madoc saying that some ground moves were planned/in the pipeline for some point in the future. Having them as skills seems like a good call to me.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.