This game could really use a few "quickslots" for gear.

Hey there guys,

I recently picked up this game and I do like it so far(sank quite a few hours into already)...but I feel like the lack of an ability to switch out the items in your hand "on the go" really limits some things you can do.

I'm not saying to freely let us swap through everything in a second...that one is a given. BUT: If you made it a tactical thing by using your belt/back for it...this could potentially really add to the fun in my opinion.

I'd say every character should have have access to up to 3 quickslots.

-1 On your back (if you wear a holster) and
-2 On your belt.(Again, you would need a belt for that)

Basically you would be able to have up to 3 items ready to quickly cycle through or even put some active items on there...like keys for example.

Imagine this setup:

1 Hand weapon(let's say sword), 1 Hand torch.

-Back slot shield
-Right slot keychain (hey, giving us a tiny bit of clutter reduction for inventory should be allowed)
-Left slot Handaxe.

So basically you're just out exploring the area and BOOM...you're being surprised by 2 dudes that are really angry at you for breathing their air or something.
The room is just bright enough so you don't need a torch...and you'd really prefer to use a shield right now. But if you want to do that currently -> You have to open your INVISIBLE inventory(by invisible I mean you can have like 5 2hand weapons in your inventory..and apparently your character stores them in his butt or something) during which time you are unable to react properly if the enemy should try pull something shady.

Since your shield is on your back you just press let's say 2 for backslot and boom..you drop your torch (ain't gonna put a burning torch on my back) and quickly swap it for your shield.
This action would of course require a second or so...but it does not leave you unable to properly act and imho adds some nice touch that this game could need.

Actually using the slots can also have different benefits and downsides.

Benefits:
-Quickly swapping between things
-Giving you more strategic options. Enemy is crush resistant but you're using a hammer? Get out our good old sword!
-Less inventory Tetris/Clutter
-Back shield could grant protection against wide swings

Downsides:
-Especially when wearing thicker metal armors later on...a secondary weapon that pounds on it with every step you do will likely make some noise and attract attention.
-Encumbrance of items affects you.
-Your mobility may be a little at risk...there is always the chance of that huge Zweihander getting stuck at a doorway or barricade...leaving you horribly open for an attack.
-Certain weapons might not be "hotswappable"...meaning you would have to drop the thing in your hand to quickly drag out the other. This would basically mean that yes you can switch to another weapon in a fight..but you will not be swapping back within the SAME fight.

I feel like 3 quickslots like described up there could really give this game some more depth...because the fighting itself is nice...but everything else RELATED to combat is still very much clunky.

And yes...beta is beta. This is why I am suggesting this.

Last edited:
Hey dude, quick slots are already planned just so you are aware, think it will be limited to 2 though.
2 is good. I just felt like 3 would've been the maximum amount that would've made sense in a realistic low-fantasy way.

As long as I get to swap between torch and weapon/shield I am happy...because this whole messy inventory stuff is really not all that awesome :p

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.