Upper Body Physics Separation

Pokakaa

I had an idea while I was walking along...

What if you guys make it so that physics only acts on the upper body when a collision happens. I've noticed jerky movement when you move around your character, where your character's upper body kind of wiggles. Is it possible to make the physics only act upon the upper body when a hit connects with it or the opponent? Then when your character is attacked or gets attacked, the torso moves accordingly. However, when out of combat, the torso then doesn't bounce at all, and you can add things like breathing animations or whatever. Not really suggesting that last part as even feasible, but just in case.

Is that possible? It might go a long way towards immersion to have the upper bodies stay more solid and less "wiggly" to give a feeling of back bone. I mean they don't wiggle too much, but it's kind of noticeable when you're walking or running normally.

Pokakaa

I didn't think THAT part was very feasible, but I think the jerking motion would stop if physics didn't act on the whole body at once without collision.

Gozer

Character wonkiness is a direct reflection of player control.
It takes an intentional effort to make your toon look smooth and cool as you saunter down dank corridors. Many players don't bother and simply push WASD like in every other game, only to look drunk and retarded.
Don't you make a conscious effort to avoid every piece of furniture, corner, and debris around you at all times?

Pokakaa

When you're walking down a straight path with nothing in your way and on flat surface you can see your character's upper half bounce. What I'm talking about is the way it looks when the character is walking in a straight line on flat ground with nothing in the way. This is something I tested in the clear space of the Arena, not the main story mode where those might be a problem. The way the animation itself looks is what I'm talking about, not when you're bumping into things.

Besides, I usually use the mouse outside of combat to move and reserve wasd for combat.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.