Will BM shiver our timbers?

I guess this coudnt work for Exanima (unless is some kind of mistical river, like the Styx river?), but what is more physics based than seafareing?

And, of course, where theres sea, there will be pirates! and where pirates are, the smell of gunpowder comes to mind!
Maybe not muskets and those "modern" forms of firearms, but maybe the early ones like "handgonnes"?

also we could have a Vitamin C suplements for scurvy mechanic, the supplement assists in completing appropriate erection which is our relative in demand amid the sexual intercourse session.

Suplementing your system is very imortant and the best way is the supplementstick way!

Chase

Insider
Sui Generis takes place on an island, so seeing pirates of a sort isn't entirely out of the question, but I doubt that we will be able to go sailing or join a pirate crew. I wouldn't expect any kind of black powder pistols or rifles either.
please keep your supplementstick to yourself

zhuliks

Insider
When new info on game development is sparse and demand for new things is high shitposting occurs naturally.
I recommend getting outside, somewhere near water sources, get friends and get drunk, it is very simple and healthy way of preventing shitposting.

Please don't bash shitposters and dont ignore, those are people just like you who want to hear news and need help.

P.S.: Firearms in medieval themed games is cancer.

if you buy my Vitamin C 100% guarantee youll get rid of that pesky scurvy!!

BTW i was just asking if theres to be spected some water action, like seafaring.

And after thinking about that, pirates and gunpowder came into my mind. Just courious, maybe its not something on the top list, but at least it woundnt be out of place. Just imagine, rivers of souls in the Underwolrd, and boarding and ship battles on the surface!

Maybe its too much to spect, for now?

also, i think ive seen some decent testing with early gunpowder weapons and see that good quallity armor would deflect many shots. I dont think it would kill gameplay, even more when you think how much time it takes to reload those guns.

zhuliks

Insider
body plate armor was used even in WW1 so it definately can withstand some shots. Hating gunpowder in medieval setting is my personal thing, it breaks immersion for me even if guns are as powerful as xbows.

I think I saw madoc being asked if there will be any physics in water streams but I dont think there was any definite answer.

I dont think we will see any action at sea at all.

Last edited:

Achul

...Sailing! Sailing? Is that the best you can think of when using the terminology you are using and prescribing it to a great new physics simulator if anything...

Tyon

Pirates have been a thing since ancient times, so it wouldn't be out of place, unless you're talking about the stereotypical skull and crossbone style pirates, then yeah those would be out of place.

I think I saw a small rowboat in one of the early SG videos, it seemed like a prop though. I don't think we will be getting giant full sized ships or ship vs ship battles, seems impossible to code. At most there will be foreign raiders from another island who will attack towns/villages near the shore.

On the topic of gunpowder weapons: Pls no, would make all other ranged weapons useless. Perhaps canons could be a thing, but they'd have no use since I don't think there will be castle sieges or ship battles..

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.