Will this game be shown off?

Is this game gonna be displayed anywhere at any exhibitions or anything like that? If so when and where? PAX maybe or GDC? Just wondering iif these avenues will be used to reach bigger audiences.

Fawz

Insider
I don't think the game is in a state yet where they could give people a hands on with it, even in a controlled environment. And I don't think the game has enough of a following or budget to warrant reserving space/time at a big convention to show a game session or video.

It has happened before that kickstarter games used most of their money to go to a convention and set up a booth. It can be really really expensive for indies and I would much rather time, effort and funding go towards making the game instead of promoting it (which they are already doing). I think it best to focus on online coverage where it's cheaper and more accessible in the forms of public videos, game info and most importantly interviews on popular websites.

Who knows though, if there's a game convention close to Bare Mettle's offices, or one of them happens to be traveling, they might be able to have a small showing at a convention where they wouldn't charge them too much.

Madoc

Project Lead
We were looking to set up a booth at Gamescom but because our game doesn't yet have an age rating this would have had to be a closed booth which with our budget wouldn't have been a good investment. We're more than happy to let the public have a go at playing the game in its current state. If we find the time to organise it there's a chance we'll make an appearance at Lucca Comics & Games which had over 180,000 visitors in 2012.

Awesome, I'm glad to hear that these things are being considered. Gamescom would have been amazing for this game's publicity but Lucca sounds pretty amazing too.

Fawz

Insider
Wow, didn't think you guys would be comfortable letting the public play the game and were looking into attending game conventions. That's great news, hopefully you all manage to pull it off :D

As for the age rating, what's holding back on getting one? Is it the early state of development or just lots of paper work and waiting? And couldn't you use a projected age rating (ie: Mature) to bypass the convention public show floor issues?

Wow, didn't think you guys would be comfortable letting the public play the game and were looking into attending game conventions. That's great news, hopefully you all manage to pull it off :D

As for the age rating, what's holding back on getting one? Is it the early state of development or just lots of paper work and waiting? And couldn't you use a projected age rating (ie: Mature) to bypass the convention public show floor issues?

Well they've stated before that it's already a lot of fun to engage combat even though it's in such an early state. I can only imgagine to have some feedback or player reactions when they actually get to play a build :D

Fawz

Insider
Well seeing how most of the changes made have only been shown privately to some backers, I didn't think they were ready to let the public play certain aspects of the game. Especially when there's been no talk of making portions of the game playable to backers with alpha access.

I guess this means they've been making good progress though, so it's good news :D

Scarecrow

Insider
"We're more than happy to let the public have a go at playing the game in its current state."
Does this mean what I think it does? :eek:

I don't dare to say it. :oops:
I don't even dare think it. It would be too much to comprehend.

To be honest though, we will probably have to wait quite some time more. Looking at fall/winter for the early testing perhaps?

Komuflage

Insider
I don't even dare think it. It would be too much to comprehend.

To be honest though, we will probably have to wait quite some time more. Looking at fall/winter for the early testing perhaps?
B..bu..but if they dare let the public test it, shouldn't they let us humble backers try it.
WE GET ALPHA SOON :D
Quiet you're not allowed to speak of such things, u'll upset the bm gods!

Oh dear lord forgive this poor man, for he does not know what he have done. We'll always serve you oh mighty one.

Fawz

Insider
Even if there is a portion of the game that is in a state the Devs are comfortable putting in the hands of people, I think the main issue behind lack of Alpha is a proper set-up and technical support system.

There needs to be a good download/install feature, technical support for all the different hardware people have, forum set-up in anticipation for all the threads people will be making, ect...

I think the Gamescom statement means we're close, but I wouldn't expect it to be that soon just yet. Hopefully the Alpha testers get their hands on a small portion as soon as possible, but I'd rather not have the Dev's time shift from Game Development to Alpha maintenance.

Tom

Insider
Even if there is a portion of the game that is in a state the Devs are comfortable putting in the hands of people, I think the main issue behind lack of Alpha is a proper set-up and technical support system.

There needs to be a good download/install feature, technical support for all the different hardware people have, forum set-up in anticipation for all the threads people will be making, ect...

I think the Gamescom statement means we're close, but I wouldn't expect it to be that soon just yet. Hopefully the Alpha testers get their hands on a small portion as soon as possible, but I'd rather not have the Dev's time shift from Game Development to Alpha maintenance.

Fawz. You're crushing our hopes here.

Fawz. What r u doing. Fawz. STAHP.

Seriously though, you may be right.

Cooper Holt

Insider
Holy McGuiness Murphy do I ever want a freaking alpha so table-flippin' bad right fluffing now.
It's so awesome... I just wanna use it. Just once? For a few hours, maybe? Pretty please? :oops:

Tom

Insider
Holy McGuiness Murphy do I ever want a freaking alpha so table-flippin' bad right fluffing now.
It's so awesome... I just wanna use it. Just once? For a few hours, maybe? Pretty please? :oops:

A few minutes would be enough for me.

All that said, it'd be simply awesome to see the version of the game that's public friendly. The question is when such an exhibition will take place.

Kale

Insider
Well, anyone who signed up for the Alpha, should know that an Alpha is just that. A very incomplete game, that needs tons of work. If that is a case, it shouldn't be played by the public as it would generate more negative thoughts on the game than good. And with Alpha game play, we can actually give feed back or bugs that they themselves might not be found without a general mass of people just clamoring about everything.

Download is easy with a private torrent. And I thought we'd use the backer's forum for that... or that was seeming to be the case, but I guess separating it would be better.

Regardless of what I said though... this is true. Some people won't accept that it's just an alpha and will complain about everything. I've seen that happen. So concentrating on making the game, is definitely a better priority.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.