Wooden Crutch: most broken weapon ever?

Natharias

I managed to play both Novice and Expert arena modes flawlessly while using gear. I've yet to come close to finishing it on a barebones run, and this is with two-handers and sword and board setups.

I just got into the barracks/dorm area past one of the locked doors near the starting room. The zombie there had a wooden crutch, and each time he hit my shield it kept dealing partial damage (shaded yellow bar that can regenerate).

Not once has a hit on a shield damaged me in the arena. Is this a bug or are there different rules for the campaign shield blocking?

Pancakez54

Insider
I managed to play both Novice and Expert arena modes flawlessly while using gear. I've yet to come close to finishing it on a barebones run, and this is with two-handers and sword and board setups.

I just got into the barracks/dorm area past one of the locked doors near the starting room. The zombie there had a wooden crutch, and each time he hit my shield it kept dealing partial damage (shaded yellow bar that can regenerate).

Not once has a hit on a shield damaged me in the arena. Is this a bug or are there different rules for the campaign shield blocking?
Nope ^^ This should happen for you in the arena too if you are using a shield. When a weapon has a hard hit against your shield, it will do some yellow damage.

Natharias

Nope ^^ This should happen for you in the arena too if you are using a shield. When a weapon has a hard hit against your shield, it will do some yellow damage.
Ah, then that would explain how I was hit a few times. I always thought that their weapon somehow still hit me hard enough after hitting the shield.

Well, this changes gameplay considerably.

Murf

Are you serious or messin?

Cause I picked one up but never thought to use it.
Little bit of both, I have died many of times from that damn bed pan. A lot of items only do tmp dmg, while the beefier ones and ones with edges to perm dmg. Bedpan does perm dmg, a couple of well placed hits and you are below 50%

Don Kanaille

Insider
I dont think this is true. A hit no matter how hard which is correctly blocked does not drain stamina (yellow bar). Just go to the maul wielder in novice arena and don´t attack him, you can block his super heavy swings all day even with a buckler. The stamina loss only kicks in when your shield is hit while you are not in the perfect blocking position: So, when you are already winding up an attack. still recovering from a swing or otherwise out of balance and then your shield gets hit, it may still deflect the blow but at the cost of some stamina.

If the crutches drain your stamina while your block is fully up, I´m pretty sure that´s a bug.

ZaratanCho

Insider
The crutch is really large, it is probably hitting you around the shield as well and not only the shield so its doing stamina damage.

Pancakez54

Insider
I dont think this is true. A hit no matter how hard which is correctly blocked does not drain stamina (yellow bar). Just go to the maul wielder in novice arena and don´t attack him, you can block his super heavy swings all day even with a buckler. The stamina loss only kicks in when your shield is hit while you are not in the perfect blocking position: So, when you are already winding up an attack. still recovering from a swing or otherwise out of balance and then your shield gets hit, it may still deflect the blow but at the cost of some stamina.

If the crutches drain your stamina while your block is fully up, I´m pretty sure that´s a bug.
Well, I don't remember Madoc saying it's like that. Maybe it's changed.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.