Specs?

S

Sean

Any word on specs? I don't exactly have a gaming PC, just a general college laptop. I'd like to know if I can even run the game.

Tony

Insider
Post the specs of your laptop and I'll tell you how it compares to what Kieran said he was able to run the game on.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
I'm sure the guys said on the Kickstarter page an average rig. Although, whats average to you might be low for me, or high for me. My build I've just done is what I'd say there.

I've never been big on the hardware side of computing, so I find all these descriptions with G's and Z's in them intimidating. I too am just using a "college laptop". It's not great but it gets the job done.

Can we get an idea of the minimum specs? Like i3, i5, i7 (or AMD equivalents)? Graphics cards?

If it makes it easier, I can play Skyrim on my laptop.

Tony

Insider
I've never been big on the hardware side of computing, so I find all these descriptions with G's and Z's in them intimidating. I too am just using a "college laptop". It's not great but it gets the job done.

Can we get an idea of the minimum specs? Like i3, i5, i7 (or AMD equivalents)? Graphics cards?

If it makes it easier, I can play Skyrim on my laptop.
If you can play Skyrim then you should have no problem running Sui Generis. Kieran was playing the game with an 8800GT video card, which was originally released 6 years ago!

Thanks for the quick reply. Really appreciate it.

I've noticed that my computer's ability to play a game is not as black and white as I imagined it would be. For example, I can play Skyrim (on low settings) but not Fallout 3 (which came out 3 years earlier).

Do you know where the bottleneck occurs? I ask because if I get a new computer I want to know what the critical components are. Also, if SG puts high demand on some part of my computer that is weak, is it possible that I might not be able to play the game at all?

Tony

Insider
The two most vital parts of a gaming PC are the processor (also called CPU) and the graphics card (called GPU). Every game is designed differently. If you're having issues running one game but not another it could be that one is more demanding in either area (requires more powerful GPU or CPU). If you're only capable of barely running Skyrim on the low setting your laptop will probably also struggle to run Sui Generis.

Tony

Insider
Hmmm...thanks. I hope other people find this useful as well.

Also, now I have another reason to get a better computer! :)
Glad to be of assistance :) If it's any consolation, you have plenty of time to save money before Sui Generis will be released!

Madoc

Project Lead
It's really hard to say without knowing what graphics card you have, especially with laptops. We don't have a minimum spec yet and we haven't really seen what we can achieve when turning graphics settings down. If you can run Skyrim at all you'll probably do fine with SG though.

gamble

Supporter
If you can play Skyrim then you should have no problem running Sui Generis. Kieran was playing the game with an 8800GT video card, which was originally released 6 years ago!
Great! That means my old 8800 GTS will work with Sui Generis! Now that is good news!

S

Sean

My hardware? Well, I boast an impressive Intel(R) Core i5-2410M CPU at 2.30GHz with integrated HD 3000 graphics and 4GB of RAM. It's gaming abilities actually are pretty impressive to the point where I can play most games but I can only play them at a low level.

I can run every Valve game smoothly without AA. I can run Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas well, very playable. I can run Oblivion on lower setting but with high graphics detail at 30fps, and I think I can run a game like Skryim or Crysis on low settings at almost 30fps.

I really hope this game is optimized well, a game like Minecraft can destroy certain PCs with lag spikes; one would assume by looking at the game that it should run at very high or medium settings on a average PC but I can't play it on short rendering without Optifine. If the game was coded better I'm highly confident that they could easily get the game to run an farthest rendering, but Java is an issue.

Rob

Oooooo... I can't play at 30fps. 40fps.... nah. Why bother with anything less than 60fps - max that monitor out!!!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.