Can we have ignored/abandoned threads from insider forums thrown here for us plebs to finish?

Iscandar

What I'd rather see: "Can the ignored/abandoned plebs become insiders?"

I've nearly got 100 hours on this game and know for certain I'd give knockout feedback if I had insider knowledge.

Scarecrow

Insider
@Iscandar Getting insider access was part of the funding rewards, and will probably never be given to everyone. Defeats the whole purpose of having an insider forum, if everyone had access to it.

And you can still give feedback! Posting feedback in the general discussion forums for instance. The devs have responded to many threads outside the insider forums as well, so don't hesitate to post your ideas/feedback just because you're not an insider. I'd very much encourage you to do so even, if you have feedback to contribute with.

@zhuliks As for throwing the ignored/abandoned threads of the insiders, in front of the general public... I don't know if thats a good idea.

For one, who should get the task of doing it? The devs are hard at work, and doubtfully have the time to go through all the different threads and determine which ones are no longer "insider relevant", and which ones that are. And we don't even have any active moderators anymore, it's been ages since I last saw Rob post anything here.

Secondly, it might bring about confusion. If the insiders and the devs have discussed ideas together, and then have it tossed in front of the public, it might get misinterpreted for "facts" or "empty promises". Because people won't necessarily read the date of postings, read the full posts/treads etc. It could get messy.

Thirdly, while it might uproot some old discussions and some good ideas can emerge as a result, it will also be open to a lot more of bad ideas as well. The devs won't necessarily have the capacity to go through all of the bad to find the good, as it's a lot more manageable with a more limited insider feedback only.

Not trying to be a bummer guys, but just wanted to share my thoughts on it.

As a long time lurker, I'd like to point out that regardless of the reasoning behind the slow progress of the game, it would be nice to see at least something from the developer to reassure people that the game is steaming along. Even if it was as simple as a short weekly address.

I understand the point of the insider forum and respect it, but from an outsider or newcomer, this place looks rather dead...

Tottel

Insider
As a long time lurker, I'd like to point out that regardless of the reasoning behind the slow progress of the game, it would be nice to see at least something from the developer to reassure people that the game is steaming along. Even if it was as simple as a short weekly address.

I understand the point of the insider forum and respect it, but from an outsider or newcomer, this place looks rather dead...
I'm sorry, but if you had any idea of how game development works, you wouldn't call it slow progress.

Mikodzi

Insider
Just to be clear - there is nothing special on insiders access.
You can check yourself by helping devs with funds.

Insiders get latest alpha's and beta's, so we discuss them, QA on them, making suggestions - all the same that's going here, but just a half-step closer to newest build. And yes, insiders forum is far more active than public one, so when you are in, you can't say that development is coming so slow - believe me and have some patience.

zhuliks

Insider
@Iscandar As for throwing the ignored/abandoned threads of the insiders, in front of the general public... I don't know if thats a good idea.

Sorry to confuse you, the post was kind of a joke and that request is just a reference of plebs getting some food from masters table. Whole purpose of this is to say we are starving for news and updates and envy the elite.

Tottel

Insider
I don't want to be seen talking to the plebs, so I'll keep this short:

Things are looking good. It won't take long for a release now.

I hope the fellow members of the Insiders Elite Club can forgive my display of sympathy for the peasants. Sometimes, it's best to throw a dog a bone.

I'm sorry, but if you had any idea of how game development works, you wouldn't call it slow progress.
I do happen to have a fair idea of what's behind game development, however that's a bit of moot point. The fact is, when it comes to visible, playable progress by the average player, it would seem somewhat slow.

There's no way for a newcomer to know without digging that the developer is so small, and the nature of the game that's being developed. And the average player usually doesn't care about that unless it's readily obvious.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not like that at all, I do understand everything and I suppose I'm just over-eager to see what's coming next.

zhuliks

Insider
I don't want to be seen talking to the plebs, so I'll keep this short:

Things are looking good. It won't take long for a release now.

I hope the fellow members of the Insiders Elite Club can forgive my display of sympathy for the peasants. Sometimes, it's best to throw a dog a bone.
Master looked at me, master spoke to me everybody You can touch me now, I'm divine!

I do happen to have a fair idea of what's behind game development, however that's a bit of moot point. The fact is, when it comes to visible, playable progress by the average player, it would seem somewhat slow.

There's no way for a newcomer to know without digging that the developer is so small, and the nature of the game that's being developed. And the average player usually doesn't care about that unless it's readily obvious.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not like that at all, I do understand everything and I suppose I'm just over-eager to see what's coming next.
I do feel its a bit empty and silent unless you make your own post, but its much better than thematic subreddits, which really are like dead compared to this forum. Also the main reason forums are looking dead and we are hungry is because team has only 2 developers and no PR guy.

Best thing yo can do is join rob's stream when he does his fail videos, sometimes Madoc is there too and even replies to your questions. You hear that? I was replied by Madoc, you can touch me!

Scarecrow

Insider

Sorry to confuse you, the post was kind of a joke and that request is just a reference of plebs getting some food from masters table. Whole purpose of this is to say we are starving for news and updates and envy the elite.
Oh lol, my bad then :D

Can be so hard to understand the general tone of internet postings sometimes.

My point remains the same, but I totally understand where you're coming from.

Faelivrin

Insider
And yes, insiders forum is far more active than public one
I wouldn't say that at all. The most active insider corner is the site for reporting bugs. And since this damned devs polish the stuff until it dazzle you, there isn't much job to get done :C

Honestly, the fantastic lolcat thread get more updates than the Supdates insider thread. Devs could take example of that magnificent piece of work.

Murf

Wow, this is not at all complete, even for early-access. what are the devs thinking? the shadows look like people.
And the control system is all screwed to hell. A swipe should be LtR with LMB, while a claw should be RtL LMB, of course a hiss should be dbl LMB. If the devs would just let the screen follow the catnip instead of having the catnip follow the screen it would be tons better.

I'll wait til it is actually released. and hopefully the control scheme will be redone by then.

(Like that will ever happen)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.