Thoughts and Ideas General

Um, DA didn't have too bad romances.

Also supporting indie devs doesn't fight anything. Are triple A titles annoying most of the time? Yes, they are. But when you buy indie it doesn't change anything, people still by triple A, they will still be made and they would not have had your buy regardless.

Scarecrow

Insider
I cou

Biggest joke of a game. Except for the new one coming out.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Metal Gear games are a joke? I just lost every single ounce of respect i could posibbly have for you!

Just kidding. But serriously though, the Metal Gear series must be the best game series ever made IMO. Not just the gameplay, but the extremely good and complex story most of all (Though MGS4 wasnt as good).

It's a matter of taste i guess, and every man/woman is entitled to his/hers :)

Tony

Insider
Um, DA didn't have too bad romances.

Also supporting indie devs doesn't fight anything. Are triple A titles annoying most of the time? Yes, they are. But when you buy indie it doesn't change anything, people still by triple A, they will still be made and they would not have had your buy regardless.
I wasn't implying that generic games wouldn't exist if you support indie devs. I was saying that supporting indie devs proves that there is a demand for such games and allows them to be created in the first place. This "fights" generic games in the sense that publishers refuse to give funding to these indie devs on the basis that their ideas aren't generic enough. They will fund a game only if the devs corrupt their product enough so that it will fit into a generic mold. By supporting indie devs you're giving them an option other than to corrupt their ideas in order to get funding from a publisher.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
I really don't like the MGS series, but the new one that's coming out looks really good, but I can't remember if its actually a MGS title, but your the same guy, there is something different about it anyway, but its definitely next gen console, current PC game.

Scarecrow

Insider
I really don't like the MGS series, but the new one that's coming out looks really good, but I can't remember if its actually a MGS title, but your the same guy, there is something different about it anyway, but its definitely next gen console, current PC game.
Either you're talking about "Rising" where you control Raiden, who's become like a cyborg samurai dude in the fourth instalment, or you're talking about Metal Gear: Ground Zero where you control Big Boss (The man Solid Snake was cloned from). Both seems fun, but Ground Zero is truer to the original one's (Though Ground Zero also have a more of an action take on things... "Sigh")

Btw, if you haven't checked out all of them, but just got a bad impression from one of them, i urge you to try out one of the other games ;)

To stay on topic, was pretty far out here. Have all Thaumaturge's (dunno if i spelled that correctly) turned "bad guys"? Or will we find Thamaturge's fighting for justice, or have chosen a path of peace?

Venom

I just want to become a Medieval Space Marine (reference Warhammer 40k). Their armor is so...glorious and finely detailed! It's so bulky and majestic! So destructive and powerful! IT'S WARHAMMER RELATED! :confused: I can imagine a mod for a Space Marine armor already.

Anyway! Contributing with more ideas since I haven't posted in a pretty long time other than in the Congrats thread:

• Giving magical traits to weapons (flaming sword, shock sword, etc.)
  • Ability to interact directly with buildings
I am going to talk a bit more about this because this is a VERY special case IMO. I am sick and tired of games where there are wooden buildings or buildings made of weak/flammable materials that don't collapse or get wrecked in any way by explosions or growing flames. It breaks the immersion completely for me and in cases like GTA where you can't even get inside most buildings it's just really terrible. I liked the approach they had with Red Dead Redemption where you could enter almost any place, but they only did that because towns were relatively small compared to the huge open world. Since we are talking about small cities and villages in SG, I hope they will take the approach of letting the player AT LEAST enter ALL available buildings.

Now to more ideas:
  • non-portable weapons
Simple: catapults, trebuchets, ballistas, etc.
  • being able to go against the state / kingdom with your own forces
  • social ranks
  • prestige / recognition among townsfolk, peasants, knights, and higher ranks in the monarchy as you progress (assuming there is a monarchy and not a kind of triumvirate or any other sort of government)
  • TBC

walltar

Insider
You are speaking about romance ... i think there is one more thing to consider ... game will be set in medieval times. What about brothels? For us bloodthirsty brigands it is best way to romance.

calithlin

Insider
I'm not so sure there's going to be a lot of siege weapons going around in Sui Generis. Given there's only going to be a few towns, and I believe they stated buildings won't be destroyable, doesn't sound like there's going to be any dedicated siege warfare mechanics involved.
Then again that's not exactly an adventurer's ways, but more of a soldier anyway.

Vincent101

Insider
I'm very eagerly awaiting to see;

-stabbing weapons, not just stabbing *attacks*, like rapiers, with 'parry' style defense, instead of simple weapon blocking. With this physics engine, it could be superb.

I'm very eagerly awaiting to see;

-stabbing weapons, not just stabbing *attacks*, like rapiers, with 'parry' style defense, instead of simple weapon blocking. With this physics engine, it could be superb.
Check the dev diaries in announcements, spears and such have already been confirmed. And my feature list has a quote confirming special stabbing attacks.

nox

Insider
It would be cool to have a Rondel dagger to stab a heavy armored opponent while he is knocked down. With an animation like you sit down on top of him and stab towards the armor joints.
Or if you manage to sneak up on a knight, because sneaking up on someone in armor and then just slash him with your longsword isn't very effective. He might be surprised at being whacked, but not dead. And then you probably have to fight him, while you yourself isn't wearing armor, and that might be painful. :p

TheScythian

Insider
It would be cool to have a Rondel dagger to stab a heavy armored opponent while he is knocked down.
On the flipside I hope there's an option to take an honourable approach and spare enemies (at least humans) who you have bested in combat. For instance you fight a knight who has been sent to kill you and after a lengthy duel you injure him gravely, knocking him to the ground. Instead of executing him you point your sword at him, tell him to leave, and that next time you won't be so merciful. Depending on the honour of the person they may then either return later to kill you, or take your advice...you might see them later in a tavern where they buy you an ale or offer their services to you as a bodyguard by way of thanks.

Perhaps I'm being too hopeful for what can be achieved with the npc system though. A man can dream...

Madoc

Project Lead
We like this idea too. As we've said before we're still not entirely decided on a damage model, what we have right now is basically health and stamina as one. I'ts hidden in the videos but you have a bar that represents your stamina and this drops significantly when receiving blows etc. and recovers quite quickly. More powerful blows can cause injury and the end of the bar turns red, this recovers much more slowly.

We thought many (most?) combats could end with a combatant's "stamina" being exhausted and hence them being incapacitated or unconcious. At this point you could finish them off effectively bringing the entire bar into the red zone. We could keep a system like this while also introducing additional injury and other mechanics (i.e. being winded, blows to head may result in losing focus).

walltar

Insider
We thought many (most?) combats could end with a combatant's "stamina" being exhausted and hence them being incapacitated or unconcious. At this point you could finish them off effectively bringing the entire bar into the red zone. We could keep a system like this while also introducing additional injury and other mechanics (i.e. being winded, blows to head may result in losing focus).

About stamina ... what if as your stamina (and your opponent's) go down animations slowly change so we can se how exhausted they are. And if your opponent see that you have much more stamina than him he would start using dangerous moves. I dont know how hard that can be but it would add to visual side of combat.

calithlin

Insider
About stamina ... what if as your stamina (and your opponent's) go down animations slowly change so we can se how exhausted they are. And if your opponent see that you have much more stamina than him he would start using dangerous moves. I dont know how hart that can be but it would add to visual side of combat.
Makes sense to me -- start swinging slower, or moving a little more erratically etc, as your stamina starts reaching low levels.

Madoc

Project Lead
About stamina ... what if as your stamina (and your opponent's) go down animations slowly change so we can se how exhausted they are. And if your opponent see that you have much more stamina than him he would start using dangerous moves. I dont know how hart that can be but it would add to visual side of combat.
Initially this is what we did, except for the more dangerous moves, we actually made them more cautious when low and more daring when they thought they were winning. Visible effects on animation had too big an impact on combat however and it just seemed unbalanced and annoying so we removed it.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.