An update coming soon (possible spoilers)?

Syllabear3

"To exploit a great opening in your opponent's defence". You're not the only skilled fighter in Exanima, Sylla. Ok I know you're not exactly saying that, but come on, you need to be credibly skilled to use your armour to your advantage in combat. You're not supposed to fight the same way with and without armour; at the most, fighting without armour would only let you train the aspects that would help you fight without armour. Most notably, as Mr. Chaos said, footwork and dodging.
I wont agree with you. You should never be touched, not even with armor.
Lets say that for some reason devs add mutilation to the game. You are using expert armour, and ofc using ur logic of exchange. You aim to the head to your enemy, he aims to your arm. You kill the enemy but he luckily lands his blow inbetween vambraces and spaulders, you lose your arm. Then what?

Random idea:
This game could be deeper, and remove the ability to completly bypass the encumbrance with pasives. This would give muscles more reason to be used to prevent penalties from overweight, and using less armor should be rewarded aswell if you dont like a bulky character.

If you go back and read some of his posts from his original account SyllaBear you might see a pattern with this guy and no armor and the supposed "Difficulty" of this game.
There is. If not, can you show me otherwise?

Last edited:

Roryn

Insider
I wont agree with you. You should never be touched, not even with armor.
I think what I'm saying is actually very reasonable, you might be misunderstanding me. Or maybe you're not skilled enough in fighting with armour to see how it should be used.

That's a little sarcastic, I'm sorry, but it might be the case if you spend all your time fighting naked.

It definitely takes skill to fight naked, I wont refute that. It also takes skill fighting armored, timing, etc. There will be mobs that will one-hit you in these games. In some cases, you might not be able to zip in and out unarmored (like fighting a dragon hopehopehope)

JB

Syllabear3

I think what I'm saying is actually very reasonable, you might be misunderstanding me. Or maybe you're not skilled enough in fighting with armour to see how it should be used.

That's a little sarcastic, I'm sorry, but it might be the case if you spend all your time fighting naked.
Not really funny. I use armor and i did exchanges to my favour, as i do in other games. Thats why i am telling you that it doesnt require any skill.

ps: anyways, care to explain me those movements that i dont know?

It definitely takes skill to fight naked, I wont refute that. It also takes skill fighting armored, timing, etc. There will be mobs that will one-hit you in these games. In some cases, you might not be able to zip in and out unarmored (like fighting a dragon hopehopehope)

JB
Ofc you wont fight a dragon/ogre or whatever huge creature, that completly obliterate you, without armor.

Last edited:

Roryn

Insider
Not really funny. I use armor and i did exchanges to my favour, as i do in other games. Thats why i am telling you that it doesnt require any skill.

Ofc you wont fight a dragon/ogre or whatever huge creature, that completly obliterate you, without armor.
I wasn't trying to be funny, but as I said, the security ability allows you to take lesser hit and not flinch (or at least not be moved much, with larger lesser hits). That allows you to be very opportunistic -- take a lesser hit if it means hitting an opponent when they're most exposed. That's extraordinarily basic and yet universally applicable.

I really can't believe you can't see any merit in using armour. That's just ridiculous!

Syllabear3

I wasn't trying to be funny, but as I said, the security ability allows you to take lesser hit and not flinch (or at least not be moved much, with larger lesser hits). That allows you to be very opportunistic -- take a lesser hit if it means hitting an opponent when they're most exposed. That's extraordinarily basic and yet universally applicable.

I really can't believe you can't see any merit in using armour. That's just ridiculous!
It just absorbs damage which makes you play mindlessly. And i like i said, why letting your enemies hit you when you completly avoid it by riposte or steping out of range and attack?
Come on dude, its like i say that using shield requires skill
just clicked and advanced forward.
I dont remember well if i was touched, but i remember going straight to the boss with no major problem and play as retarded as you see in the video.

bobchaos

If you go back and read some of his posts from his original account SyllaBear you might see a pattern with this guy and no armor and the supposed "Difficulty" of this game.
O - M - G ! You mean there's more of his ridiculous rants that I haven't read yet? There goes the rest of my evening! XD

Seriously, Sylla, your sad attempts at defending positions no one else support with arguments that rarely have logic or basic thought behind them always make my day, keep up the good work! I do find your desire to fight all the men on this forum naked a bit disturbing but hey, if you like it rough I guess that's your business.

Roryn

Insider
It just absorbs damage which makes you play mindlessly. And i like i said, why letting your enemies hit you when you completly avoid it by riposte or steping out of range and attack?
Come on dude, its like i say that using shield requires skill
just clicked and advanced forward.
I dont remember well if i was touched, but i remember going straight to the boss with no major problem and play as retarded as you see in the video.
Mindlessly? What about ripostes? What I suggested functions mechanically similarly to a riposte.

And obv. a riposte won't hit every time. Neither will what I said, but it's a situational sorta thing, as ripostes can be. One more move to the repertoire, that sort of thing.

Everyone who plays Exanima plays differently. There's merit in all things, including armour, otherwise the devs wouldn't bother to implement such complex armour mechanics. There's merit in armour and at the very least it changes the way you approach combat. I use it, not mindlessly, and so do many other people. You say there's no merit in armour, and that might be true for you, but there is for others.

When the game is more complete, not training in armour use will be a play choice -- leave it to pursue other skills and such. If everyone agreed that playing with armour should be the same as playing without, then armour would be pointless. But people will choose the armour skill because it does have merits beyond damage absorption.

I really need to stop now. We should each keep our playstyles to ourselves, but I only said something this time because you said earlier to Jennre Bard who said they were finally getting good that that's only the case if they fight how you've been fighting -- "skilfully". Not nice. Put-down. Boost your ego another way.

Last edited:

Syllabear3

Mindlessly? What about ripostes? What I suggested functions mechanically similarly to a riposte.

And obv. a riposte won't hit every time. Neither will what I said, but it's a situational sorta thing, as ripostes can be. One more move to the repertoire, that sort of thing.

Everyone who plays Exanima plays differently. There's merit in all things, including armour, otherwise the devs wouldn't bother to implement such complex armour mechanics. There's merit in armour and at the very least it changes the way you approach combat. I use it, not mindlessly, and so do many other people. You say there's no merit in armour, and that might be true for you, but there is for others.

When the game is more complete, not training in armour use will be a play choice -- leave it to pursue other skills and such. If everyone agreed that playing with armour should be the same as playing without, then armour would be pointless. But people will choose the armour skill because it does have merits beyond damage absorption.

I really need to stop now. We should each keep our playstyles to ourselves, but I only said something this time because you said earlier to Jennre Bard who said they were finally getting good that that's only the case if they fight how you've been fighting -- "skilfully". Not nice. Put-down. Boost your ego another way.
Of course you will change the way you aproach your enemy, you will play more confident because you wont care if they hit you as you just mentioned with security.
There is merit into learning to play with armour, but there will be a greater merit playing without it, since you lose your little advantage over AI.

If you ever start the no armor master race you will understand and you will discover a much funnier way to enjoy the game.

Have a nice day.

ps: it doesnt matter how, if an enemy touched you there is no merit in it.

O - M - G ! You mean there's more of his ridiculous rants that I haven't read yet? There goes the rest of my evening! XD

Seriously, Sylla, your sad attempts at defending positions no one else support with arguments that rarely have logic or basic thought behind them always make my day, keep up the good work! I do find your desire to fight all the men on this forum naked a bit disturbing but hey, if you like it rough I guess that's your business.
I am absolutly happy that i made your day... that is proving my point about you.

Roryn

Insider
He changed his sig to quote one of the arguments he made against me... Haha cool! Also I think one of the reasons I started to dislike you, Sylla, is that you had that ugly picture of arrogant Anderson under every post you made. This is much better.

Also, now there'll be a bit of me in every post you make. I feel truly privileged :D

bobchaos

Of course you will change the way you aproach your enemy, you will play more confident because you wont care if they hit you as you just mentioned with security.
There is merit into learning to play with armour, but there will be a greater merit playing without it, since you lose your little advantage over AI.

If you ever start the no armor master race you will understand and you will discover a much funnier way to enjoy the game.

Have a nice day.

ps: it doesnt matter how, if an enemy touched you there is no merit in it.

I am absolutly happy that i made your day... that is proving my point about you.
Can't prove a point you haven't made yet, you should work on that. Also, you should look up "Not-Invented-Here bias" and "superiority complex".

haha it's ok. I just don't see why there is even an argument here. I was just curious about what the next update had hehe.
if an enemy touched you there is no merit in it
You level up your armor skills, sounds like "merit" to me *shrug*.

Why level your armor skills?

GLAD YOU ASKED!

Sounds like a good reason for armor and armor skills to be in the game. Learning how to take on mobs in heavy armor vs trying to take them on unarmored, so you get used to moving a little slower, practicing dodging, swinging and other timing related tasks, seems like "merit" to me.

This game could be deeper, and remove the ability to completly bypass the encumbrance with pasives. This would give muscles more reason to be used to prevent penalties from overweight, and using less armor should be rewarded aswell if you dont like a bulky character.
Using less armor is rewarded, you still move a bit faster unarmored and also you free up all of those skill slots to apply to other areas.

Jenn BRD

bobchaos

Here's a fairly simple example: Enemy start a wide swing, unarmored you'd have to dodge or block, but armored you can totally make a thrust for his head. You'll get a minor bruise on the arm, he now needs to buy a new face :D If you do that without armor you'll get hit and your thrust will be interrupted.

Armor allows you to capitalize on more openings, and that's the essence of combat right there.

Syllabear3

You level up your armor skills, sounds like "merit" to me *shrug*.

Why level your armor skills?

GLAD YOU ASKED!
???

Sounds like a good reason for armor and armor skills to be in the game. Learning how to take on mobs in heavy armor vs trying to take them on unarmored, so you get used to moving a little slower, practicing dodging, swinging and other timing related tasks, seems like "merit" to me.
Abilities completly remove the armour penalties and that should change, thats why we have that one slider that increase muscle... the more muscle the easier should be to carry heavier equipament.
You want a roleplaying game, then make sense out of it.

Using less armor is rewarded, you still move a bit faster unarmored and also you free up all of those skill slots to apply to other areas.

Jenn BRD
You can press "i" (inventory) to check the encumbrance, abilities completly remove it at the third one. Enter the game and play it to check it.

And something that you seem to not understand, with other humans/ humans like creatures you can completly avoid being hit, something that doesnt happen with trolls or dragons if they add it in some future.
I thought you were smarter...

Sad to see you jumped on the troll wagon... i expected someone nicer from you. But well, disapointment is part of life.
Here's a fairly simple example: Enemy start a wide swing, unarmored you'd have to dodge or block, but armored you can totally make a thrust for his head. You'll get a minor bruise on the arm, he now needs to buy a new face :D If you do that without armor you'll get hit and your thrust will be interrupted.

Armor allows you to capitalize on more openings, and that's the essence of combat right there.
But still, you can play without being touched, i dont see why you should make an exchange.

Check my signature.

Did i need armour to defeat this one? He didn't touch me

If armour gives you so "much skills" can you ALL provide me same evidence that you can defeat this guy without armour and without being touched? Because i can do the same with armour.

And this challenge is for everyone in this thread (being honest depends on you).

Can't prove a point you haven't made yet, you should work on that. Also, you should look up "Not-Invented-Here bias" and "superiority complex".
I dont see nothing of that, he also provides evidence in his videos. If you want to think he is arrogant or superior human being (whatever shit you will create just to "try" to troll me) then is your time that you are wasting.
Haters gona hate.

Last edited:

Roryn

Insider
Sorry Jennre, I know I'm contributing to derailing your thread, but sometimes I can't resist poking the bear! XD
You know the best way to poke the bear? You tell him the truth...

Hey Sylla, you're a TROLL!!!!11!1!!1!!one!1!

TROLoLoLoLolOlOlOlOlol!

It also usually seems to make him add you to his ignore list or sth, from what I've read on other threads.;)

"He can do things i can't, so he is arrogant". Wow, i see why you have a twisted logic.
I didn't say anything like that :confused:

The point is, who cares? There is a lot more to life than "how l33t I am in exa1ma bra". I just want a game that I can have fun playing, and so far, this one is (and will be) the best, and it isn't even finished!

If armour gives you so "much skills" can you ALL provide me same evidence that you can defeat this guy without armour and without being touched? Because i can do the same with armour.
I am not going to get into a pissing contest with an internet troll that has sunk a lot more time than me in a combat RP game. Hey, Sylla I can't beat them unarmored, that's why my builds use armor. You are better at combat than me, feel better?

And something that you seem to not understand, with other humans/ humans like creatures you can completly avoid being hit, something that doesnt happen with trolls or dragons if they add it in some future.
I know you can avoid being hit, I am actually getting pretty decent at emerging unscathed. I also know it removes the circles. That doesn't remove the fact that the benefit of a build without armor skills allows you to put those points into other useful skills? Then you accuse me of being dumb? Do yourself a favor and try listening to other people's ideas without berating them, insulting them, and trying to make yourself feel better. I have learned a lot from this generally helpful community, by listening to what they have to say.

To any new player of Exanima, you will "git gud" faster than you even realize it, so give it a shot, practice and don't let people get you down, even when they make ya feel bad because you are new.

Jenn BRD

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.