My personal opinion on Exanima

DrGreen

Hello BM forum! My name is Adrian, I'm Spanish, 30 and work as Chef and Piano Tuner.

I wanted to leave here a little review of the game, but seeing the professional level of the reviews in this forum I won't even dare trying that. Instead I just wanted to thank the authors and the community that got this game to the state I found it 2 months ago, I wish I was there to help, but I had no idea of the existence of Exanima or Sui Generis.

In my opinion, this is already a masterpiece, a genre-defining title that is a breath of fresh air for a lot of gamers, I loved every bit of it, from the beggining to level 7, I crawled around every corner with my heart pumping like crazy because every time I took confidence I mercilessly recieved grave wounds or encountered F$%&ing Sir, a golem, or a mike tyson ghoul that punched me to death in some sewers... that kept my adrenaline up from the beggining to the end and is something no other game has ever achieved for me.

Now I just finished my 3rd playtrough exploring mind thaumaturgy, wich is awesome and changes the playstyle completely, I cant wait to see what else is coming in this path, I personally dream with being able to tinker with the strange machines and artifacts you find along the dungeons.

I didn't really searched for this, but I suspect dogs are coming to the game sooner or later, there is a lot of cages and dog gear around the first levels and at first I was TERRIFIED of finding a dog!! They might be so cool and frightening!!

I know I probably won't be giving any new or fresh information, but searching the forums and visiting the patreon page, I realized this game is terribly under-appreciated, even the youtube reviews only speak about the clunkyness" and steep learning curve of the controls, while only a few get pass that first control barrier and really stream and enjoy the game.

I wish I could do more than buying Exanima at the moment, I don't have influence on social networks nor I stream or have any followers on youtube, but I've worked in many translation projects (from English to Spanish) and I would like to offer my humble help in this regard, I don't know if there is a translation team working at the moment, but I feel quite capable of translating the full Exanima in a few days. Of course I'll do it for free, as is my way of trying to help this project, Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world, with +400.000 speakers, and I think it would give the game much more visibility (I've seen this game caused a big interest in the spanish community but nobody spoke anything about the lore, and many youtubers I've seen simply toss away parchments and books because translating is a big effort for them.

Anyway, I'd like to remark how very much I've enjoyed this game, the movement and fight controls seem completely fair to me, I allways know why I died and not even once had to blame the game; also the learning curve is steep as many say, but very rewarding and a crucial part of the feeling of inmersion of the game.

My best wishes to this project and to the creators, for whom I've developed a deep respect and admiration, that's a work well done! Keep going no matter the time!! This is something important, this will MATTER!!

(K)

HopeDIV

Insider
A nice write-up/review, always welcome to see.

Unfortunately, translations to other languages will likely only be considered in earnest once the game is complete. Besides that, there is also the issue that the intended dialogues will not be staticly defined but constucted with variables and so will likely require the game to include code for different grammatical rules for various languages.

DrGreen

A nice write-up/review, always welcome to see.

Unfortunately, translations to other languages will likely only be considered in earnest once the game is complete. Besides that, there is also the issue that the intended dialogues will not be staticly defined but constucted with variables and so will likely require the game to include code for different grammatical rules for various languages.
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer, I understand that if it requires coding it is a big headache that you don't need, anyway if I can do anything for you in the future feel free to contact me.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.